Looking for Infomation on Giannetti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ddiger

Looking for Infomation on Giannetti

Post by ddiger »

Since the DiGeronimo Topic is being bombarded with new revelations I figured I'd start a new topic to start the Search on my Grandmothers Parents & Siblings. Here's What I know:

Antonio Giannetti of Rocchetta San Antinio(Providence of Avellino or Foggia) and His wife(?) had three children.

Cristina (Maria Cristina) Born 4/20/1900 arrived in US 12/1/1922
Listed in the 1930 Census as Christina DiGeronimo & she died in 1960
Pompey
Angela
-ddiger
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Infomation on Giannetti

Post by Biff83 »

The civil records for Rocchetta Sant'Antonio from 1809-1910 have been microfilmed by LDS and are available for rental.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

Other than Cristina's ship manifest, thus far I've located no probable US records for father Antonio or siblings Angela and Pompey (Pompeo?). Did find a 1918 ship manifest record for an Angela Giannetti traveling with sister Nicholina, both born Lacedonia, going to Montclair NJ to join father Giovanni. Nearest relative in Italy, mother Serafina Pio.

At this point, I think we need to concentrate on the two main players, your grandmother and grandfather.

Based on the information you've confirmed thus far on your grandfather, Angelo DiGeronimo, born Lacedonia, father Vincenzo, and on your grandmother Maria Cristina Giannetti, born Rocchetta SA, father Antonio, I believe that your next step is to view the microfilms of their birth records to determine their mothers' names and the birthplaces and years of birth of both sets of parents. Once you've determined the date of birth information on their parents, you can then look for their birth records in the older records and continue to work backwards.

I'd also send an email to the Lacedonia genealogy site you posted in the DiGeronimo thread with details on your grandparents. It should be okay to write it in English since the webmaster appears to have a knowledge of English. Keep it factual and write short simple sentences.

I've also come across the following website "Italians of Montclair" where you might find someone who can supply or locate additional information. They've put together a wonderful tribute to their ancestors and documented the history of the Italian emigration to Montclair.

http://italiansofmontclair.com/index.htm
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"