Gaetano Papa and Vincenza Frisina in Castiglione di Sicilia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dianea

Gaetano Papa and Vincenza Frisina in Castiglione di Sicilia

Post by dianea »

I am searching for my grandmother's family. She is 101 years old and remembers alot, but she does not remember many names of her extended famiy - grandparents, etc. I want to get info for a family tree to give her.

She is Angeline Papa and was born in 1905 in Castiglione di Sicilia to Gaetano and Vincenza Frisina Papa. They were married in 1892. Vincenza & Gaetano emmigrated to New York in 1916. Gaetano's family had owned land in Grava for several generations and he traveled back and forth from the US to Sicily until he died. I have more information but don't know how to trace back in both the Papa and Frisina families. Can someone help direct me?
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Re: Gaetano Papa and Vincenza Frisina in Castiglione di Sici

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

Hi! I really can't be of too much help (at 15 I'm a beginer too) but the town you said hit me. My family came from Castiglione Di Sicilia also, if you want you can look over my post about the Savoca and Farfaglia family. I will try and do my best as you and I are looking up things from the same town. I have a favor to ask you, if it is possible, please ask your grandmother about the town she came from. I have had a strong connection to it but have never been there, and all of my family who were there have passed away. I just want to know any info on it at all, I have to get there someday it is a dream of mine! Well you picked a good place to start because it is like a family here, everyone is there for eachother. You might want to try the LDS center which the others cam explain better then I can. I have to the same thing as you do so let me know how you do! Good luck!!

Mike
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Have you already seen the ship manifest? Sometimes there are a lot of clues on a manifest. It seems Vincenza arrived with her children in 1916 to meet her husband. Her nearest relative in Italy at the time of departure is her brother, Giuseppe.

Heres the link..

First Name: Vincenza
Last Name: Frisina
Ethnicity: Italy, South
Last Place of Residence: Castiglione, Sicily
Date of Arrival: Dec 26, 1916
Age at Arrival: 41y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Patria
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0015

Page 1

Page 2

First Name: Gaetano
Last Name: Papa
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Castigbono S., Sicily
Date of Arrival: Apr 27, 1910
Age at Arrival: 40y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Roma
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0027
Gaetano arrived in 1910. Here is his ship manifest.

Gaetano Page 1

Page 2

Hes traveling with a much younger person, Filippo Papa who lists his father as Antonio..going to see his brother...Filippo(????) but going to the same address as your Gaetano. Gaetano is going to see his brother, Salvatore.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

There is microfilm available from the Family History center that you can order on your town. You would be able to look up birth, death and marriage info on your families...

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Death info for Alfio..

Social Security Death Index
about Alfio Papa
Name: Alfio Papa
SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx
Last Residence: 14830 Corning, Steuben, New York, United States of America
Born: 25 Oct 1900
Died: Jul 1976
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951 )

I must be tired because I can't seem to place them on a Census...
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

dianea wrote:I am searching for my grandmother's family. She is 101 years old and remembers alot, but she does not remember many names of her extended famiy - grandparents, etc. I want to get info for a family tree to give her.

She is Angeline Papa and was born in 1905 in Castiglione di Sicilia to Gaetano and Vincenza Frisina Papa. They were married in 1892. Vincenza & Gaetano emmigrated to New York in 1916. Gaetano's family had owned land in Grava for several generations and he traveled back and forth from the US to Sicily until he died. I have more information but don't know how to trace back in both the Papa and Frisina families. Can someone help direct me?
Hello,
request the copy from "Allegati di matrimonio" these will help you to build the family tree

Allegati atti di matrimonio 1887-1892 FHL INTL Film

I hope it hleps, bye Riccardo :lol: