Salzano Family from Cava de Terreni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kpraschil

Salzano Family from Cava de Terreni

Post by kpraschil »

My g.g. grandparents, Vincenzo and Angelina Salsano (Salzano) came to America on Oct 3, 1906. They lived in Cava de Terreni with their 18 children. I have 7 of the children identified: Francesco, Pasquale, Giovanni, Cesario, Annunziata, Alfonso and my g. grandfather Angelo. I would love to find the missing eleven children. I know that they were all boys, since Annunziata was the only female. I would love to try, if at all possible, to find anything on the family while living in Cava de Terreni. That is my hope.

Angelina’s parents are Pasquale and Francesca Bogogna. I believe Angelina was born circa 1837. Vincenzo was born approx 1840. His dad was Angelo Salsano.

I have my grandfathers birth certificate from Cava de Terreni. His name was Vincenzo Salsano born April 8, 1902 in Passiano and baptized on the 14th of April. His parents (my g. grandparents) are Raffaela Siano and Angelo Salsano.

Are there census records for late 1800-1901 in Italy? I thank you a ton in advance.

Karen
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Salzano Family from Cava de Terreni

Post by wldspirit »

You may be interested in sending for the state of the family certificate:

http://www.ambwashingtondc.esteri.it/Am ... enealogia/
The Comune keeps records of birth, marriage and death. It is also possible to obtain records on the composition of each family, beginning from 1869. The certificate, issued by the Ufficio Anagrafe (Vital Statistics Office) of the Comune, is called "certificato di stato di famiglia" and it contains names, relationships, birth dates and birthplaces of all family members at living at the time the information was recorded.

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
kpraschil

Post by kpraschil »

Thank you very much. I'll get something in the mail today!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Happy to have helped.....let us know how it works out!!
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."