medals

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: medals

Post by suanj »

Spero che capisca quanto le dico, lei può scrivere anche in inglese.
Dalla fotografia non si riesce a comprendere molto perchè è una fotografia molto ritoccata.
I hope that you can understant what I say you; you can wriote me also in english.
From picture I cannot see well because the photo was re-painting.
Per ritoccata intendo alterata nei colori (è stata dipinta la lastra), allora non esisteva la fotogarfia a colori, e quanto mi ha inviato è in tono molto scuro.
For "re-painting" word I say that the picture-colors are not natural( because was painted the photo-film), because in the past was no the colours photography, and this photo have the very dark coulors.

Il personaggio sicuramente Ufficiale di età fra i 30 e 40 anni ha in mano una cosa che non riesco a distinguere (forse una pipa) come le medaglie che se fosse più chiara la foto si distinguerebbero i colori originali dei nastrini per escludere che non sia di un periodo successivo al 1860 data della unificazione al Regno d'Italia.
the person(suanj: in the picture)was for sure an Official of 30 or 40 old, and he have in the hand a thing that I cannot see very well(perhaps an pipe)(suanj: perhaps the gloves), so also for the medals, that, if the photo was more clear, it could be seen the original colors of the ribbons, so I could exclude the period of time after 1860(date of reign of Italy).

Se la foto è fatta dal 1850 al 1860 a Torre del Greco è sicuramente un ufficiale del Regio Esercito Borbonico delle Due Sicilie.
E' importante sapere ad esempio il cognome del personaggio (anche l'anno di nascita) o leggere sulla carta stampata della foto il fotografo che l'ha fatta.
if the picture was made from 1850 to 1860 in Torre del Greco, this means sure that was an Borbon Real Army of Two Sicilies.
It is important to know, for exemple, the surname person( and also the birthyear) or to read on the back printing of the photo, the name of photographer that made it.

Tante altre informazioni, come lettere documenti etc. servono o aiutano a dare un volto alle persone come la loro vita e le vicende a cui hanno partecipato.
Se non ha compreso o non è chiaro qualche particolare me lo dica. Saluti Walter
more other infos as letters or documents etc, can to be helpful for to give an face to persons, also as the life and the vicissitudes that they lived.
If you don't understand me or something is not clear please let me know.
Regards, Walter
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

thanks suanj for translation.... I used altavista translator and got some of what he was saying. some part would not translate though. since I know now that I can write him in english, I think I will send him another email.
thanks again...
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

girty wrote:thanks suanj for translation.... I used altavista translator and got some of what he was saying. some part would not translate though. since I know now that I can write him in english, I think I will send him another email.
thanks again...
:wink: suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH