email from Bagheria

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

email from Bagheria

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

I received this email from Bagheria:

Il rilascio di una copia integrale di
>> atto può essere rilasciata previa
>> richiesta scritta dei titolari dell'atto o di chi ne ha
>> interesse motivando
>> tale richiesta.La sola richiesta via e-mail non è
>> sufficiente. Le consiglio
>> di inviare una richiesta con allegata copia di un suo
>> documento d'identità
>> e una busta affrancata con il suo indirizzo corretto dove
>> inviarle quanto
>> richiesto. Specifichi date di nascita complete.
>> L'Ufficiale dello Stato Civile

I understand that it's telling me to send a letter with a copy of my identification and a SASE---but my questions are....what size(s) envelopes do you recommend that I use/send and how much return postage should I use? Also....I would like them to research as far back as possible--as I think I've been able to go back as far as 1818 (on familysearch.org) and possibly further as I have this person's parents names---how should I state that??? Thanks guys for your time and help!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: email from Bagheria

Post by Italysearcher »

First of all if you have been using the LDS films then the comune won't have any older records than 1820. You need parish records to go further back and the comune won't do that for you. If you have simply used the familysearch site as a search tool then order the films from the centre and do the search yourself, that way you will be sure of your facts and won't need to send to the comune at all..
The email is asking for Italian stamps on the letter and a specific, complete date for the birth record. Size 10 envelope is what I use.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Thank you! Yes, I did get some information from the LDS site and I also have already received some names and dates from the Comune di Bagheria! I've been able to go back as far as 1816 with that info! I have requested the "copia integrale" for dates of birth, marriage and deaths of my Great Great Grandparents; one born in 1844, one in 1850 and they married in 1868. I was hoping that the "copia integrale" would have the church/parish info on that so I could try to go back even further--and then verify what I believe to be my Great Great Great Grandparents! :)
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

You can get actual copies of the records from the microfilms that would likely have the parish information without going through the Comune.
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Holy Cannoli really? I didn't know that? And the microfilms would go back to 1820 as well? Then I could write the parish/church to go back futher--if I wanted/needed to?
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

The record includes some persons who were alive and some who were deceased at the time of submission. The film cannot be sent to family history centers and has limited access at the Family History Library.

OK--so what does the above mean? I got it off some of the LDS info.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... i+Bagheria+++
www.familysearch.org. Click on Library then Catalog then place search.
1820 -1903 records are on film. Some were from the Tribunal so they will be the later ones. The ones you need are certainly available.
Ann Tatangelo
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

WOW! Again, THANK YOU! I guess I should order the films through LDS first and take it from there! :)