Carmella Cappadona Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Carmella Cappadona Birth Record

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

I think I might have found my great-grandmother's birth record. According to her immigration records, it is stated that she was born in Librizzi. I have her death certificate, which states she was born in 1874. Can someone please translate this record for me to see if I have the correct person. If the record is my great-grandmother, maybe it will list the names of her parents.

If someone has the time, please translate the record as detailed as possible for me. I thank you in advance for your time.
Attachments
Librizzi-Nati 1866-1909 Image 111
Librizzi-Nati 1866-1909 Image 111
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Carmella Cappadona Birth Record

Post by Tessa78 »

Record #42

Record is dated 31 August 1867 at 5 PM at the town office.
(Then a formal description of the official and his duties, etc.)

Before the official appeared Carmelo Cappadona, son of deceased _______(blank), age 28, peasant farmer, residing in this comune, to present a female child he declares was born today at 4 AM to his wife, Vennera(sp?) Matafù, daughter of Francesco; living with her husband at the house he inhabits at the place in this Comune of Librizzi, Contrada Trombettina. The child is to be given the name Carmela.
Witnesses to the recording of this act were Carmelo Gregorio, son of deceased Giuseppe, of age 37, peasant farmer; and Pietro Adamo, son of deceased Antonio, of age 41, laborer.

T.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Re: Carmella Cappadona Birth Record

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

I checked the entire year of 1874 and could not find a Carmella Cappadona in the birth records. It prompted me to go back and look at the one I found and check the dates. My grandmother immigrated in 1913 as a widow and her age states she was 46. When I did the math it comes to 1867! So this IS my great-grandmother's birth record. Is there any way someone can please see if you can fill in any of the blanks above (Carmelo, son of deceased ____;don't know if you couldn't read or it was left blank) Also, if I can get the spelling of her mother's name. Do you think the last name could be Munafo or Munafu?
Thank you so much. This has given me so much more information than I ever thought I would obtain. I am so excited - what a wonder Mother's Day gift this is! Thank you all so much.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Carmela Cappadona Birth Record

Post by liviomoreno »

Sue,
the name of the deceased father of Carmelo was left blank; the Italian wording is: "E' comparso Carmelo Cappadona figlio del fu d'anni vent'otto"
The name of Carmela's mother is Vennera Matafù, as Tessa already stated.