Unusual phrase and unusual word inCertificates

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
broonpot

Unusual phrase and unusual word inCertificates

Post by broonpot »

I would be very grateful if someone could translate a phrase in my great grandmother's birth certificate dated 1877. I think it reads "secolui comirente". I am not sure if it is Italian or Latin. I have managed to translate the rest of the certificate.

Additionally I would appreciate some advice as to the meaning of the word "smarito" as used in my great grandfather's death certificate (died 1929). He seems to be described as "smarito di Luongo Vincenza" Does this mean he is the deceased husband of Luonga Vincenza? [If so, then I have just discovered he was married twice]. Or does it mean something else?

[imgImage

Image][/img]

Many thanks

John
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Unusual phrase and unusual word inCertificates

Post by PippoM »

It is Italian and states "secolui convivente", and old-fashioned way to mean "living with him".
The other one states "marito di" (what looks like an s is really a corrected to the first leg of an m): simply "husband of".
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
broonpot

Re: Unusual phrase and unusual word inCertificates

Post by broonpot »

Pippo

Grazie per la risposta molto veloce. Si sono ovviamente un esperto. Il vostro aiuto è molto apprezzato.

John