translation help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
anthonylr

translation help

Post by anthonylr »

Hi ,
I recieved the following reply to an email I sent to Loano . If anyone can translate it for me I will be most grateful .

"Siamo spiacenti di informarla che le ricerche nei registri di stato civile di questo comune sono state infruttuose.
Purtroppo i dati da lei forniti risultano insufficienti e poco precisi per ottimizzare le ricerche.
Le rendiamo noto che i nostri archivi storici partono dal 1866, per date anteriori a quella indicata, bisogna rivolgersi alla Curia Vescovile di Albenga, depositaria degli anni precedenti.
Sempre a disposizione per ogni chiarimento, si porgono cordiali saluti.
L'Ufficiale di Stato civile"

Many thanks
Anthony Le Roux
DeliBoy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: translation help

Post by DeliBoy »

We are sorry to inform you that the searches in the civil state records of this commune have been unfruitful. Unfortunately the information you gave turned out to be insufficient and not precise enough to optimise the search.

We remind you that our historical archive starts from 1866, for dates before that indicated you need to go to Curia Vescovile di Albenga, the repository of previous years.

Always at your service for all clarifications, hugs and kisses

The Official of the Civil State
anthonylr

Post by anthonylr »

Many thanks deliboy
Xaymara
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xaymara »

Always at your service for all clarifications, hugs and kisses
Italians are very affectionate people but the registrar of vital records did not close his email sending out "hugs and kisses". "si porgono cordiali saluti" is a common closing in business and government correspondence and it translates to "we send our warmest regards" I just say this for clarification purposes and because I like to nitpick. :D
anthonylr

Post by anthonylr »

...and there I was thinking I made a really good impression on a civil servant :D