a note from town of Ariano - translation help, pls

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmt1955
Master
Master

a note from town of Ariano - translation help, pls

Post by dmt1955 »

Below is from an email I just received from Sig. Mincolelli from the Town of Ariano. I ran it through Google translations -- rather confusing results. I would appreciate a translation to make sure I do what is necessary / what he is asking.
I am so excited about this....thanks so much. Donna

EGREGIA SIGNORA PROPRIO ORA HO FINITO DI FARE LE RICERCHE PER POTERLE FARE I CERTIFICATI DA LEI RICHIESTI LE CHIEDO SCUSA PER L'ATTESA

LUNEDI' LE SPEDISCO IL TUTTO LE HO FATTO ANCHE UNA COPIA DELL' ATTO DI MORTE DEL SUO BISNONNO E ESTRATTO DI MATRIMONIO DEI BISNONNI

SE LE FA' PIACERE PUO' INVIARMI UNA CARTOLINA QUESTO E' IL MIO INDIRIZZO: MINCOLELLI AURELIA - VIA FONTANANUOVA N.56/1 83031 ARIANO

IRPINO (AV) ITALIA UN CARO SALUTO AURELIA MINCOLELLI
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: a note from town of Ariano - translation help, pls

Post by erudita74 »

dmt1955 wrote:Below is from an email I just received from Sig. Mincolelli from the Town of Ariano. I ran it through Google translations -- rather confusing results. I would appreciate a translation to make sure I do what is necessary / what he is asking.

EGREGIA SIGNORA PROPRIO ORA HO FINITO DI FARE LE RICERCHE PER POTERLE FARE I CERTIFICATI DA LEI RICHIESTI LE CHIEDO SCUSA PER L'ATTESA

LUNEDI' LE SPEDISCO IL TUTTO LE HO FATTO ANCHE UNA COPIA DELL' ATTO DI MORTE DEL SUO BISNONNO E ESTRATTO DI MATRIMONIO DEI BISNONNI

SE LE FA' PIACERE PUO' INVIARMI UNA CARTOLINA QUESTO E' IL MIO INDIRIZZO: MINCOLELLI AURELIA - VIA FONTANANUOVA N.56/1 83031 ARIANO

Donna

He starts out by saying that he has finished doing the research, in order to get you the certificates that you requested. He asks that you forgive him for the wait for these.

On Monday, he is sending you everything that he has, including a copy of the act of death of your great grandfather, and the extract of the marriage record of your great grandparents.

He then says that, if you want, you can send him a postcard, and then he says, "this is my address" and he gives you his mailing address.

Personally I don't really understand why he would ask you to send him a post card, unless this last part has a totally different meaning that I am missing. Maybe he just wants a "souvenir" from the U.S.

Erudita
dmt1955
Master
Master

Post by dmt1955 »

thanks erudita....that's what i thought it said, but got confused as to why the postcard but nothing about payment. i also had the same idea that maybe there is a meaning is this i is literally lost in translation.

donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dmt1955 wrote:thanks erudita....that's what i thought it said, but got confused as to why the postcard but nothing about payment. i also had the same idea that maybe there is a meaning is this i is literally lost in translation.

donna

Donna
He definitely doesn't say anything about paying for the records that he is sending you or for the postage.
Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote:
dmt1955 wrote:Below is from an email I just received from Sig. Mincolelli from the Town of Ariano. I ran it through Google translations -- rather confusing results. I would appreciate a translation to make sure I do what is necessary / what he is asking.

Donna

She starts out by saying that she has finished doing the research, in order to get you the certificates that you requested. She asks that you forgive her for the wait for these.

On Monday, she is sending you everything that you requested, and she will also add a copy of the act of death of your great grandfather, and the extract of the marriage record of your great grandparents.

She then says that, if you want, you can send her a postcard, and then she says, "this is my address" and she gives you her mailing address. [her name is Aurelia Mincolelli]

Personally I don't really understand why he would ask you to send him a post card, unless this last part has a totally different meaning that I am missing. Maybe he just wants a "souvenir" from the U.S. She just wants a souvenir from you

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Yes, the town official was a woman but I hadn't bothered to check the signature. I was only concentrating on the content of the message when I did the translation. Thanks, Livio.

Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

:wink:
dmt1955
Master
Master

Post by dmt1955 »

thanks livio!

i followed the form letters given on this forum re: requesting certificates and paying for copies/postage. this town official went beyond what i requested in my letter. given that AND that she mentions nothing about money, do you think it would be rude or insulting to offer to reimburse her for postage or costs of copies again? i would like to acknowledge her generous effort.

thanks for your thoughts.
donna
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

No!
Send her a nice postcard to thank her for her kindness and effort!
dmt1955
Master
Master

Post by dmt1955 »

livio,
my first thought was 'offer again.'
my second thought was 'although a good intention, maybe it would not be good form.'
my third thought was 'better to ask.'

thanks for clarifying!
donna