Is this death acct for Stefano Sassani?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Is this death acct for Stefano Sassani?

Post by scraig32 »

I am trying to find the death acct of Stefano Sassani. His wife is Incoronata Sassani. I believe this is his document bc I see both of these names in it. However, I am confused bc I see other names too. Could someone please translate? Thank you so much!! Suzanne

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Is this death acct for Stefano Sassani?

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#19
1817 Feb 9th Giuseppe Sassani brother age 62 and Pavalino Sassani 43 declared in Riccia the death of Stefano Sassani age 53 son of NIcola Sassani and Saveria Cugino husband of Incoronata Sassani
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

scraig32 wrote:I am trying to find the death acct of Stefano Sassani. His wife is Incoronata Sassani. I believe this is his document bc I see both of these names in it. However, I am confused bc I see other names too. Could someone please translate? Thank you so much!! Suzanne

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Yes, this appears to be your Stefano Sassani, husband of Incoronata Sassani
The other names are the declarants of the death, and his parents’ names.

Translation:
Dated 9 February 1817 before the official in Comune of Riccia
Appeared Giuseppe Sassani, brother [of the deceased] age 79, peasant farmer residing in this town; and Pavalino Sassani, brother, age 49, peasant farmer residing in this town; to declare that on the 9th of the above stated month, at 11 AM, Stefano Sassani, son of Nicola [Sassani] and Saveria Cugino; husband of Incoronata Sassani; of age 53, peasant farmer residing in this town, died at home.

At the bottom the declarants made their sign (cross) as they could not write; and the official signed.

T.
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Wow! Thank you both so much! I now know the names of my 7x great grandparents! Incredible!!I think this is probably as far back as I can go. Fantastic!!!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

scraig32 wrote:Wow! Thank you both so much! I now know the names of my 7x great grandparents! Incredible!!I think this is probably as far back as I can go. Fantastic!!!
:D
T.