Translating a Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
demari18
Elite
Elite

Translating a Birth Record

Post by demari18 »

Friends at Italiangenealogy found the attached birth certificate for me. It is for my husband's grandfather. I hope that someone might be able to tell me what the house number is for Via Casa DeTora where he was born and also what is written on the side under Palmino DeTora's name. Thank you, DeMari
Attachments
detorobirthpal.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translating a Birth Record

Post by erudita74 »

the record reads "al numero senza-" meaning the house was without a number

Erudita
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Thank you Erudita, I could see the word senza but didn't know what it meant. Can you translate any of what is written under the name DeTora Palmino on the side column for me please. DeMari
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

DeMari
In the margin is his marriage info. Here is the actual record:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349506701

Dated Nov 29, 1906 in Teano. Palmino de Tora was age 23 and a peasant born in Teano. He was the son of deceased Andrea de Tora and Marta Pisano. The bride was Liberina De Simone, age 22, the daughter of Angelo De Simone and Maria D'Adduci. Witnesses were Luigi Marino, age 65. a property owner, and Alessandro Farone, 25, tenant farmer. Both were residents in this town. In the handwritten section at the bottom. The marriage publications were on the 18th and 25th of the month. The groom's mother was present to give her consent to the marriage.

Erudita
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Dear Erudita, Thank you so much the wonderful translation. Just recently a relative found the wedding photo of Palmino and Liberina with his mother, brother, and sister in it as well as Liberina's parents. Now I have this amazing translation to add to the photo. Thank you ever so much. DeMari
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

DeMari
So wonderful that you have a wedding photo to go with the marriage record and translation. Not all of us are that lucky. Glad I was able to locate the record.
Erudita
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I have an address for Via Casa De Tora which may or may not relate but worth your inspection. VIA CASELLE TORA, 81010, Gioia Sannatica Peter
~Peter~