Translation for Filomena Damato

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ncolonna
Rookie
Rookie

Translation for Filomena Damato

Post by ncolonna »

Hi,

I've been able to extract some information from this record, but if someone could provide a full translation it would be much appreciated.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1015662101

Thanks!

Nick
carubia
Master
Master

Re: Translation for Filomena Damato

Post by carubia »

At 8:50 am on 1 Oct 1904 in the town hall, before me, Mayor Dr. Francesco Chiaia, the civil records officer of the commune of Rutigliano, appeared Vincenzo Damato, age 30, farmer, residing in Rutigliano, and he declared that at 9:30 pm on the 30th of the previous month [i.e., 30 Sep], in house #7 on Via Macalle' [the street name], from his wife Maria Giuseppa Ottomano, age 21, housewife, residing with him, was born a child of gender female, whom he presented to me, by the name of Filomena.
ncolonna
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ncolonna »

Thanks so much! Any chance you would be able to translate her brothers, Giuseppe Damato's, birth certificate as well? He's record 334.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1015660801

Thanks again!
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Do you mean half-brother? This person has a different mother from Filomena.
ncolonna
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ncolonna »

Yes, sorry I should have mentioned that. His father remarried shortly after Filomena was born
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Giuseppe Damato was born on 6 Nov 1907 at 12 am to Vincenzo Damato (a farmer) and his wife, Donata Defilippis. This time they were living at #11 on Via Macalle'. Neither parent's age is indicated.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The mother of Giuseppe is Donata Santa Defilippis,

on 29 Nov 1930 Giuseppe Damato married Carmela De Filippis (different spelling of above)
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Thanks, Livio. I figured out the name and edited my post while you were posting yours. I was still unsure about the "Santa," though, since the first letter looks more like a lowercase "t" than a capital "S"