Help Translating Marriage Publication

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
msavoua1
Rookie
Rookie

Help Translating Marriage Publication

Post by msavoua1 »

Can anyone translate the marriage publication of Vito Paccione & Vincenza Paladino number 41? http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Help Translating Marriage Publication

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

MARRIAGE PUBLICATION NO 41: VITO NICOLA PACCIONE E VINCENZA PALADINO
Toritto: 30 March 1872, 10 pm
Prospective Groom: Vito Nicola Paccione, 21, peasant farmer (contadino), born and residing Toritto, son of Domenico Paccione, peasant farmer, and Maddalena Mirra, peasant farmer, both living and residing Toritto.

Prospective Bride: Vincenza Paladino, 21, peasant farmer, born and residing Toritto, daughter of Donato Paladino and Teresa Biase, peasant farmer, living and residing Toritto.......

Vito Nicola Paccione presented an extract of his birth record; he was born in Toritto on 18 April 1850 and Vincenza Paladino presented her birth extract, she was born Toritto 9 May 1872??? (they've made a mistake with the year?)

The rest of the details in this record are fairly routine. Maybe someone else can have a look to make sure I haven't missed anything important.

Here's Vito Nicola Paccione's 1850 Birth record:

Birth No 44:
Father: Domenico Paccione, 30, son of Gaetano Paccione and Maria Teresa Tarullo
Mother: Maddalena Mira, daughter of Vito Nicola Mirra, and deceased Isabella Scarangella?
DOB: 18 April 1850
Baptised: 18 April 1850
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Angela :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Birth Record Vincenza Paladino

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth No 60: Vincenza Paladino
Father: Donato Paladino, 31, bracciale (farm hand/laborer), living Toritto, son of Rocco Paladino and Vincenza Mangelli,
Mother: Teresa Biase, daughter of the late Francesco Biase and Grazia Antonacci, 28yo
DOB: 9 May 1850
Baptised: 11 May 1850

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:MARRIAGE PUBLICATION NO 41: VITO NICOLA PACCIONE E VINCENZA PALADINO
Prospective Groom: Vito Nicola Paccione, 21, peasant farmer (contadino), born and residing Toritto, son of Domenico Paccione, peasant farmer, and Maddalena Mirra, peasant farmer, both living and residing Toritto.

Prospective Bride: Vincenza Paladino, 21, peasant farmer, born and residing Toritto, daughter of Donato Paladino and Teresa Biase, peasant farmer, living and residing Toritto.......

Vito Nicola Paccione presented an extract of his birth record; he was born in Toritto on 18 April 1850 and Vincenza Paladino presented her birth extract, she was born Toritto 9 May 1872??? (they've made a mistake with the year?)

The rest of the details in this record are fairly routine. Maybe someone else can have a look to make sure I haven't missed anything important.

Birth No 44:
Father: Domenico Paccione, 30, Pastore (Shepherd), son of Gaetano Paccione and Maria Teresa Tarullo
Mother: Maddalena Mira, daughter of Vito Nicola Mirra, and deceased Isabella Scarangella?

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:MARRIAGE PUBLICATION NO 41: VITO NICOLA PACCIONE E VINCENZA PALADINO

Birth No 44:
Father: Domenico Paccione, 30, son of Gaetano Paccione and Maria Teresa Tarullo

The word settantadue is underlined in the document, this means that it is wrong. On line 8 of the right side page you can read: "Postilla alla parola interlineata settantadue si sostituisca la parola cinquanta. La presente postilla è composta di dieci parole." "Apostille to the underlined word seventy-two replace the word fifty. This apostille consists of ten words."
Brava Angela that found the record in any case.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Thank you, Livio :) I did see that “settantadue” was underlined, and so I looked through the rest of the record twice, to see whether there was a notation correcting the “year”. I saw the word “cinquanta”, but because I was not deciphering the letters so well, and the words were not so familiar, I missed seeing that this was the notation I was looking for - whoops.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Record #60
Dated 11 May 1850 in Toritto, District Altamura
Appeared Donato Paladino, 31, laborer residing in Toritto, to present a female child who he declared was born to Teresa Biase [daughter of deceased Francesco Biase and of Grazia Antonucci], age 28, and to the declarant, Donato Paladino [son of Rocco Paladino and Vincena Mongelli] age 31, laborer residing in Toritto; (born) on 9 May of the current year at 6 AM at the home of the couple.
(next page)
This child was given the name Vincenza Paladino.
Witnesses to the recording of the birth act: Giuseppe Nicola Lo Mangino, 30, farmer residing in Toritto; and Michele Campanale, 40, laborer residing in Toritto.
Baptism on 11 May at the Parish Church - S. Gaetano S????

There is a notation that states... on 20 April 1872 (#15) in Toritto, Vincenza Paladino (daughter of Donato) married with Vito Nicola Paccione(?) (son of Domenico.)

Here is the link to the marriage in 1872 (top left of this image, but begins on previous page )
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 7.jpg.html

T.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi there

You may have missed that I had already located Vincenza Paladino's birth record here, earlier, and given a translation of the vital information for family history purposes (time was short):
AngelaGrace56 wrote:Birth No 60: Vincenza Paladino
Father: Donato Paladino, 31, bracciale (farm hand/laborer), living Toritto, son of Rocco Paladino and Vincenza Mongelli,
Mother: Teresa Biase, daughter of the late Francesco Biase and Grazia Antonacci, 28yo
DOB: 9 May 1850
Baptised: 11 May 1850

I believe that Teresa Biase's mother's surname is spelt Antonacci in the record, and also in the town. The spelling of Donato Paladino's mother's surname is Mongelli, as Tessa has written.

Angela :D