CiprianoCarmine/FamigliettiMariaRosaria Marriage#2

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

CiprianoCarmine/FamigliettiMariaRosaria Marriage#2

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: CiprianoCarmine/FamigliettiMariaRosaria Marriage#2

Post by erudita74 »

Hi Dolores

The record is dated March 30, 1908 in Frigento because that's when a Raffaele Cipriano, the son of dec Giuseppe Cipriano, appeared there and presented a copy of an act of matrimony (for a marriage that had taken place in NY) and asked that it be transcribed exactly into the matrimony registers of Frigento.

The marriage of Carmine Cipriano and Maria Rosaria Famiglietti took place in the Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Loreto in East New York Brooklyn on Dec 30, 1906. (this is the parish, now defunct, where my parents married). Carmine Cipriano, the son of Raffaele Cipriano and Maddalena Pascucci, was age 32, and a laborer (operaio). He had been born in Frigento but was living at 229 (I believe what follows is supposed to be Rockaway Ave, even though it doesn't look like that in the record). Maria Rosaria Famiglietti was the 22 year old daughter of Michele (Famiglietti) and Maria Giuseppa Flammia. She had also been born in Frigento. They were united in matrimony according to the rite of the Roman Church and the laws of the state of NY by Rev Vincenzo Sorrentino.

If you search for the marriage in the NYC groom's and bride's index, the year is given as 1907 and not as 1906, which clearly is given in this record as the year the marriage took place in this parish. You may want to send for that record.

Famiglietti Rosa Dec 30 1907 certificate #515 Kings

Cipriano Carmine Dec 30'06 1907 certificate #515 Kings

http://italiangen.org/docs-forms-downlo ... t-form.pdf
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

This article about the church may be of interest to you-

http://patch.com/new-york/parkslope/bro ... lle-church
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Very interesting, Erudita! Thank you.
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome, Dolores. Glad the parish appeared in your record, since it's in my ancestry too, and I hadn't really thought about it this past year.
Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Nice!
Grazie,

Dolores