1816 Processetti, Solopaca

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Master
Master

1816 Processetti, Solopaca

Post by JOHN08 »

My translation:

The arch-priest of Solopaca found the death record for Vito Franco, husband of Marianna Colangelo, dated 14 December 1806 from the parish archives.

Only to be used for the marriage of Nicola Benevento and Maria Martina Franco in Solopaca, dated 14 December 1816.

Appreciate any additions/corrections.

John

https://postimg.org/image/m9hn5of8d/
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: 1816 Processetti, Solopaca

Post by erudita74 »

John
I think you have everything from the record. Good job.
Erudita
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Erudita,

Thanks for your help.

I wonder if the priest made a mistake when he made the copy of the death record for Vito Franco. It seems unlikely that the death date for Vito Franco and the marriage documents, the processetti, date for Nicola Benevento and Maria Martina Franco would have been the same day and month: 14 December.

John
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

John

Since the extracted copy of the death record was hand copied from the original which appeared in the parish book of deaths, there is always the possibility of human error on the part of the priest who copied the info. Normally there is a statement in the record which says that the copy conforms to the original, which does not appear here. I think though that there is a strong possibility that both events occurred on Dec 14th, but in different years, as noted in the record. You pretty much have to accept the info in this record as accurate, unless you can locate any other record which proves otherwise.

BTW, if this parish is still in existence, you could try writing to see if you could get a copy of the original. But, bear in mind, the parish books would be very old, and the priest there would probably just hand copy the record again and not turn the book over to xerox the page. I assume the church records for this parish have not been microfilmed.

Erudita
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Erudita,

I am going to record the 14 December date for both events in my RootsMagic program. Thanks for your help.

John
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome, John
Erudita