Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
robertjohnj

Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso

Post by robertjohnj »

Hi,
Could someone help with the translation of the handwritten portion of the following birth record. The portion I'm interested in is at the bottom of page 1 and continues on page 2.

The father of the child, Giuseppe Cifelli was living in the USA at the time of the birth. Their residence in Italy was Spinete, not Campobasso. So, I'm interested in knowing if the text that I can't read will shed some light on why the birth was in Campobasso.

Thanks,
Bob
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso

Post by suanj »

The town: Campobasso is right, the birthdate is 4 Aug 1892; also the child mother was domicilied in Campobasso town ( address: Via Giardini 20=20 Gardens st).. also are wrote that Stella Nicolina Di Toro obstetrician that make this child registration because the father child "was far"(from Italy).. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
robertjohnj

Post by robertjohnj »

Thank you Suanj.......I think the date was August 4, 1902. I'm still confused as to why they would have been in Campobasso. Did Campobasso have a Hospital at the time. Maybe they knew that the birth was going to be difficult. The father returned to Italy (Spinete) and then took his 2 sons back to the USA in 1906. Angela Cifelli (the child in the birth record) and the mother Maria Iacovantuonio were not with him. I assume that they both died soon after Angela's birth.....Probably in Campobasso because their death records were not in the Spinete civil records.

Thanks again,
Bob
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

oh yes, sorry for my error typing!

About Campobasso, the town is sure, and the child is born no in hospital but in the house in Via Giardini 20... it don't are wrote if this address is in Campobasso or Spinete... I think is in Campobasso..

also are wrote that

Giuseppe was DOMICILIED in Spinete...

I don't know more about your ancestors story, but it is sure that the registration of child is made in Campobasso..
also could be that Maria Iacovantuono pregnant with some problems for child birth, was in obstetrician house (no hospital.. but house) in Campobasso for better child birth... and so the registration for italian law it must make in common of effective birth.... all suggestions could be...

about Giuseppe 1906 travel, he was alone .. and no Angela and Maria death records in Spinete.. you can write in Campobasso and ask it? regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
robertjohnj

Post by robertjohnj »

Thank you Suanj
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

robertjohnj wrote:Thank you Suanj.......I think the date was August 4, 1902. I'm still confused as to why they would have been in Campobasso. Did Campobasso have a Hospital at the time. Maybe they knew that the birth was going to be difficult. The father returned to Italy (Spinete) and then took his 2 sons back to the USA in 1906. Angela Cifelli (the child in the birth record) and the mother Maria Iacovantuonio were not with him. I assume that they both died soon after Angela's birth.....Probably in Campobasso because their death records were not in the Spinete civil records.

Thanks again,
Bob
Suanj, The year is 1902 not 1892, maybe you are a littlebit tired... :roll:

Bob, for civil record in Campobasso write to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 29
86100 Campobasso (CB)
Italy

bye Riccardo :lol:
suanj
V.I.P.