translation, Rocco Fischetti death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

translation, Rocco Fischetti death

Post by LKate »

Hello,
Would someone please translate this for me? I believe it's my relative who died as a result of a coal mining accident in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Many thanks!
Laura Fischetti
Attachments
P2169086.jpg
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: translation, Rocco Fischetti death

Post by Biff83 »

I cannot translate the entire document but this Rocco was the son of the deceased Carminantonio and it references his death in a hospital in Scranton; he received the Sacrament of Last Rites on or died on I believe 7 Jun 1891. References also made to his death being recorded in the records of St Peter's Cathedral in Scranton.

I didn't see anything referencing a mining accident but they were common in the anthracite mines--roof collapes, explosions, mine car accidents and a host of other nasty stuff especially for those who worked underground. If it was an accident, he was not pronounced dead at the scene but evidently survived for a period of time.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Just to add to Biff's translation-

This is an extracted copy of the death record of Rocco Fischetti, which conforms to the original (which was in the book of deaths in the Cathredral), and which was was received in his native Italian town from the Minister of Foreign Affairs. It was to be inserted in the volume of allegati in that town. As Biff said, he did die in a hospital in Scranton Pa, hospital of Lackawanna, and had received the last Sacraments. Last sacraments is plural in the record, so I believe it includes the Last Rites, and also Confession/Penance, and Holy Communion, as a dying person normally received all three Sacraments before death. His date of death was June 7, 1891, as Biff stated.
Erudita
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LKate »

Thank you so much, Biff and Erudita. I am going to work on getting a death certificate in Scranton. Having the date is most helpful.

Laura