Izzo/Ezzo/Grasso/Sparono Need help translating! :)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Lynneidenier

Re: Izzo/Ezzo/Grasso/Sparono Need help translating! :)

Post by Lynneidenier »

Hi Tessa!!
Thank you so much! I appreciate it!
Is there a way to get marriage records for 1879?(Elisabetta & Alfonso) do you know? in Sant' agata de' goti?
and this may sound like a dumb question, but what does Reullo or Rullo mean? Is it a town? :D
Also, why would they be at this persons house? Don Cesare Ciardulli and what does Don in front of his name mean?
Thanks again!!
Lynn
Lynneidenier

Post by Lynneidenier »

Hello again!
I have another one! #81 1903 - Angela Sparano? Would you please translate? Thank you!!! :)

https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/18 ... 1056-02317
Lynneidenier

Post by Lynneidenier »

Good evening all! :)
I believe I may have finally found my great grandmother's birth certificate~ :)
I can't believe it! This was one of the main reasons for starting my search! #68 Catarina Sparono/Sparano
If someone could translate it for me, that would be wonderful!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Lynn
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/18 ... 1182-01768
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Lynneidenier wrote: 15 Nov 2017, 22:16 Hi Tessa!!
Thank you so much! I appreciate it!
Is there a way to get marriage records for 1879?(Elisabetta & Alfonso) do you know? in Sant' agata de' goti? I will check
and this may sound like a dumb question, but what does Reullo or Rullo mean? Is it a town? :D Reullo is the name of the Contrada...kind of a country road outside of a town, sometimes connecting towns
Also, why would they be at this persons house? Without it mentioned in the record it would be very difficult to ascertain. Don Cesare Ciardulli and what does Don in front of his name mean? Don is an honorific title.
Thanks again!
Lynn
T.