Help reading handwriting on public Folio di Famiglia

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
robgazy

Help reading handwriting on public Folio di Famiglia

Post by robgazy »

Hello! (I hope this isn't a double post, the first time I tried it sort of crashed or something.)

I'm having trouble reading the handwriting from public records someone obtained for me in Italy. I'm hoping someone with more experience with Italian styles and phrases would be so kind as to have a look.

It's a single pdf file, 15 pages but not too many actual words, and some of the pages are duplicated providing close-ups of the same text. Some pages have been annotated by the guy who got them for me.

I'm mostly interested in getting the correct spelling of names, dates, and events, but if someone wants to provide translation or commentary too that would be awesome!

I'm also wondering about what looks like single lines drawn through some names. I guess they are updates over time, maybe a death or a mistake or something else?

Surnames on this document include Daniele, Di Gioia, Garibaldi (?) if that helps anyone. Rafaelle Daniele was my grandfather who married Mary Sorge in 1908.

Here is a link: http://www.filedropper.com/danielepubli ... amilyfolio

Thank you in advance!
Rob