diAVINO/FLAMMIA Marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

diAVINO/FLAMMIA Marriage

Post by dmurphy1940 »

for a translation please.
Attachments
diAvinoDomenicoFlammiaMariaTeresaMARRIAGE.jpg
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: diAVINO/FLAMMIA Marriage

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Great news, Dolores! The antenati site have started putting records on for the province of Avellino. They have begun with the years 1809-1815. Here are the records for that time period for Frigento: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... /Frigento/

They have made a start on the next time period for one of the towns so hopefully all the records will be on line very soon.

Sorry, I'm finding the record you have posted here hard to zoom in on without it becoming too blurry. Hopefully someone else might have the time to adjust it so that it is legible. (It may even come on line soon.)

Keep a watch here: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... +Avellino/ :D

Take care.

Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you for that, Angela, that IS good news! I appreciate it. If anyone can help with this record posted, that too would be appreciated!
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Always happy to provide good news Dolores. :)

This 1818 marriage record from Frigento is now online. I don't have time to translate this today, but hopefully someone else can do this for you. It's a much clearer copy:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html

Angela :)
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you, Angela. Hopefully someone will be able to translate:)
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Dated Jan 29, 1818 at 8 P.M. in Frigento

Appearing was the prospective groom, Domenico d’Avino, age 23, a day laborer living in Frigento. He was living in the town on a vico known as Borgo di San Rocco. He was the adult age and the son of deceased Nunziante D'Avino and living Chaira Martucci/Martocci, age 56, a peasant living in Frigento with her son. She was present to give her free consent for her son to contract marriage.

Also appearing was the prospective bride, Maria Teresa Flammia, a 19 year old peasant living in Frigento. She was living on a Contrada known as Costre di Caiazzo. She was the adult age daughter of Tomaso (Flammia) and Veneranna Capobianco, who had been a married couple, but now were both deceased. Although the record first reads that she was of major or adult age, it then states that she was a minor and that there was a family council of this Judicial Kingdom (the purpose of the convening of such a family council was to weigh the merits and shortcomings of the prospective spouse and give consent to the impending marriage of a minor).

Marriage publications were posted on the 18th at 6 P.M. and the 25th at 3 P.M. of the current month. Both dates were Sundays and both resulted in no one opposing the marriage.

Witnesses all were acquainted with or knew the spouses and were residents of Frigento.
Don Gaetano Ciampi, age 37, a priest
Don Carolo Testa, age 22, a property owner
Don Gennaro Nardovino age 36, a medical doctor
Clemente Stanco, age 32, a bread maker/baker

Both spouses were illiterate and signed with a sign of the cross, although their names are written along with the other signatures.
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you so much, Erudita. I appreciate it.
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Back from my rainy/foggy Vancouver and Alaska trip in the nick of time. As always, happy to help you, Dolores.
Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

I hope it was wonderful, Erudita!
Grazie,

Dolores