1920 Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

1920 Marriage Record

Post by Haztek »

#66 Looking for the spelling of the groom's last name, age, and the mother of the groom's last name, and the name of the town the groom was born in.

Thanks, jerry

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: 1920 Marriage Record

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry
I'll start you off-

The groom's surname Di Marzio
His age 19

Still working on his place of birth and mother's surname

Erudita
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Erudita:

I had the age correct and his last name almost correct: I had de Marzio. The writing on this record is atrocious.

Did you receive the email I sent to you?

Thanks, jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry

My suggestions for the mother's surname-

Piraniello, which is not in the current Italian phonebook, but I do see online that there are people with the surname.

The other thing which may be a possibility is the surname Pirandello. What looks like a dot over the letter i may actually be a part of the letter d. So maybe part of the letter d is missing in the record.

I'm still having trouble with the town of birth name. The handwriting is really bad in this record.

Yes, I did get your email. I probably won't get a chance to reply tonight. Will do so as soon as I can. Happy you're back safely.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry
I'm wondering if the town of birth for the groom was Carignano. In the record, the gn looks like ng, but possibility the town official reversed the two letters by mistake. That would be in the province of Torino.
Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I read the mother's surname as Pisaniello
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Thank you Erudiat and Livio

Jerry