Help with names on birth act

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Biff83
Master
Master

Help with names on birth act

Post by Biff83 »

I could use some help on determining the father's first name and the mother's surname.
Is the father's name Olinto/Olindo?--never seen that first name. Check signatures on bottom
Is the mother's surname Capocefalo?

Thanks,
Biff
Attachments
ErnestinaCicchese1880birth.jpg
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
bbivona
Master
Master

Re: Help with names on birth act

Post by bbivona »

The Father's name is definitely Olindo and I'm fairly sure that the mother's surname is Capocefalo.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Thanks, bbivona.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
NickAndreola
Elite
Elite

Post by NickAndreola »

Father's name is interesting. One I haven't seen before. The document writer clearly uses the same 'd' as is used in sindaco & contadina but the signature sure likes like a 't' to me.

this is the transcribed version

Name Giulia Margherita Ernestina Cicchese
Event Type Birth
Event Date 10 Mar 1880
Event Place Ferrazzano, Campobasso, Italy
Gender Female
Father's Name Olindo Cicchese
Mother's Name Maria Capoufalo
Entry Number 34
"Italia, Campobasso, Stato Civile (Archivio di Stato), 1809-1918," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KDGG-BF6 : 13 March 2018), Maria Capoufalo in entry for Giulia Margherita Ernestina Cicchese, 10 Mar 1880; citing Birth, Ferrazzano, Campobasso, Italy, Archivio di Stato di Campobasso (Campobasso State Archives), Italy; FHL microfilm {record.getField('FILM_NUMBER')}.

That spelling produces very few hits on searches, while Capocefalo has MANY hits includes a large immigrant population with a heavy center in New York.