Birth notation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
MMMurphy

Birth notation

Post by MMMurphy »

Can someone please translate to English this notation in my grandfather’s birth registration from 1898? Thank you.
Attachments
FE747DA5-DBF2-41FA-A632-373647F6E140.jpeg
michaelhartman

Re: Birth notation

Post by michaelhartman »

If you zoom in, it looks like a stamp that was added at the time of his marriage. (I've seen this added to several birth records).

It's hard to read because it's been crossed through (and the stamp is barely visible), but it looks like he contacted the office on 6 Mar 1926 to verify his birth in Maddaloni in order to marry Lucia Bisetti.
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

It is the notation of the marriage with Lucia Bisetti (Biretti?) in Maddaloni on
? /3/1926.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I believe the surname may be Rivetti (found in Maddaloni)
The day looks to be 4 or 11.

EDIT TO ADD:

Here is the marriage of Vincenzo Mastellino and Lucia Rivetti on 4 March 1926.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043630

T.
MMMurphy

Post by MMMurphy »

I should have been more clear. I need a translation of the entire entry. I was told that somewhere in the registry it says that my grandpa was born to an unknown mother and fostered by a family named Buono. I’d like to track them down. I know he has several siblings. His brother was Luigi Bouno. His foster dad was Antonio Bouno. I was always told he was adopted. I met some of the Buono family when I was very young but when my dad and grandpap passed no one knew how to find them again. And thank you Tessa78 for finding the marriage registration. I’m impressed. Now if you could tell me what it says, that would be great.
Again, I’m grateful for the help.
MM
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Birth Act:
Dated 5 April 1898 at the town office in Maddaloni.
Before the official appeared Filomena Chiara, daughter of Antonio, age 31, receiver of the abandoned, residing in Maddaloni, to present a male child of apparently 1 day of age, found in a sash and a white cloth, at 2 AM today in the door in Via Maddalena #28.
The official gave the child the name Vincenzo and the surname Mastellino.
Witnesses (usually people who just happen to be doing business at the town office and no relation) to the recording of the birth: Domenico Sebastianelli, 32, shoemaker; and Carmine Bernardo, 63.

Marriage Act:
Dated 4 March 1926 in the town office in Maddaloni
Appearing before the official
1 - Vincenzo Mastellino, age 27, farmer, born in Maddaloni, residing in that town, son "of the State"
2 - Lucia Rivetti, age 20, farmer, born in America, residing in Maddaloni, daughter of deceased Pasuale, farmer who resided in America in his life; and of Filomena Capico, farmer, residing in Maddaloni.
Witnesses at the recording of the marriage: Raffale Roberti, son of deceased Mattia, 62, usher; and Domenico Sebastianelli, son of deceased Pietro, 60, shoemaker.
Publication of the banns of marriage was on 4 and 11 October last.
Mother of the bride was present to give her consent.

It is interesting, though proves nothing, that Domenico Sebastianelli was present at the town office for both the recording of the birth AND the marriage of Vincenzo.

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 16:19 ...
Marriage Act:
Dated 4 March 1926 in the town office in Maddaloni
Appearing before the official
1 - Vincenzo Mastellino, age 27, farmer, born in Maddaloni, residing in that town, son "of the State"
2 - Lucia Rivetti, age 20, farmer, born in America, residing in Maddaloni, daughter of deceased Pasuale, farmer who resided in America in his life; and of Filomena Capico, farmer, residing in Maddaloni.
Witnesses at the recording of the marriage: Raffale Roberti, son of deceased Mattia, 62, usher; and Domenico Sebastianelli, son of deceased Pietro, 60, shoemaker.
Publication of the banns of marriage was on 4 and 11 October last.
Mother of the bride was present to give her consent.

It is interesting, though proves nothing, that Domenico Sebastianelli was present at the town office for both the recording of the birth AND the marriage of Vincenzo.

T.

I checked the Pubblicazioni record and I believe it is Filomena Caprio.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Nice catch, Livio! Thanks :-D

T.
MMMurphy

Post by MMMurphy »

Would anyone know how to find the birth entry that I posted above? I was just given the screen shot but can’t find the original entry. I’ve been pouring through the files but my inability to read Italian has seriously hindered my search. I was told that somewhere it mentions the Bounos as his foster parents. I’m trying to track the Bouno family down and trace their family. I met some of them decades ago but lost touch. My grandfather told me that Luigi Bouno was his brother. He may have had other siblings.
Also, Tess, my aunt told me that my grandfather knew who his father was. When my grandfather was older his birth father supposedly came to my grandfather and my grandfather wasn’t interested in having a relationship with him. I don’t think the birth parents were noted anywhere so there’s not much hope of tracking that down without DNA.
BTW. You all rock! Thank you so much for your help!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the link to Vincenzo's birth act.
There are no foster parents mentioned.

T.
MMMurphy

Post by MMMurphy »

Thank you. I just noticed that entry finishes with a few lines at the top of the next page. Does it have anything of substance to say?
Attachments
326AFD33-8BAA-40B2-A00C-CE24B9CE2C81.jpeg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

MMMurphy wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 06:28 Thank you. I just noticed that entry finishes with a few lines at the top of the next page. Does it have anything of substance to say?
"The birth act was signed by the declarant and the witnesses"
MMMurphy

Post by MMMurphy »

Thank you again.