Translate English to Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie

Translate English to Italian

Post by Nello-LosAngeles »

Hello everyone,

Is there a site or form generator that will help translate an english Form into Italian?
I have birth certificates, death certificates, marriage license that need to be translated into Italian for dual citizenship.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Nello
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translate English to Italian

Post by elba »

I don't know of any site generator that has forms of the type you are looking for. You should also consider if the consulate you will be dealing with will accept 'electronically generated' translations - many would not!

Most translations are slightly different depending on country, state and language of origin and therefore can be rather time consuming. Many translators do these translations , myself included, but if you want/need a fast turn-around then your best bet is one of the larger companies that deal with such work and use freelance translators. One word of warning though - they are a bit expensive - especially if you have a number of documents to be done!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Nello,

For your own use, and not for any official purpose, you can use this to translate the documents are you talking about..

http://www.comunesofitaly.org/Links/RuthNerud.htm

Otherwise you need to do as elba suggests as far as I know.

Sorry..wish we could tell you differently.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie

Elba, Nuccia,
Thank you for the information and site link. Excuse my ignorance, but if the document is correctly translated does it make a difference to the consulate how it was translated? Does the work need to be done by a "certificated" translator of some sort?

I am early in the process and have most of the USA documents I need, and sill need to get documents from Italy. HAve you sought documents from Capannori, Lucca? Should I look for someone in Italy to get those or do you think I can be successful at getting them? Time period of the docs will be 1880 to 1905.

Thank you
Nello
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

HI Nello,

I've never had to do this so I'm sure about the answer. There are several members here though that should be able to answer your question. Perhaps member mler?? If you post the same question in the Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship you may get an answer.

I have had to write to Lucca but I'm sure I remember others have. Bee patient//some one will come through for you.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Expats.......you'll find many US citizens who have already made the move, been thru the process and are now residents of Italy........
Christina covers just about every question regarding the process of dual citizenship and the challenges faced once you've made the move......
Check out the menu to the left:
http://www.expatsinitaly.com/citizenship/apostille.html

Hope you find this useful....
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie

wldspirt
Thanks for the link to Expatsinitaly. Great help