Books on Caccuri

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
DonnaPellegrin
Veteran
Veteran

Books on Caccuri

Post by DonnaPellegrin »

I would like very much to learn more about the history of Caccuri in Calabria where my grandmother lived. I have found several websites about the town. The following website even lists books that have been written about the town and its history.

http://www.fitad.it/caccuri/cultura.htm

I would love to purchase copies of these books but I don't know how to do this. It has been frustrating.

I have tried contacting the email address listed on the above website but I received no reply.

I have also tried emailing the author of one of the books, Professor Marino, who has his own website, but he has been ill and is recovering from surgery. Since I don't know the Italian language, communication with Professor Marino was difficult and I'm not even sure he understood my request.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I might be able to purchase copies of any of these books?
Donna Pellegrin
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Books on Caccuri

Post by ptimber »

Threre is nan excellent antiquarian bookdealer in Bologna whose services I have used to good effect. The name is ARNALDO FORNI EDITORE, The e-0mail address is info@fornieditore.com and the internet site is www.fornieditore.com. You can ask for the book you wish directly and there are catalogues for your area of interest as well by City, Region, and local towns and villages. Peter
DonnaPellegrin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DonnaPellegrin »

Thank you, Peter! Your recommendation was just what I was hoping for. I sent off an email to Arnoldo Forni and I'm hoping for a reply.

Molto grazie!
Donna Pellegrin
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

They speak english and they deliver like Pizza. Peter