Villa Camponeschi - Pica's

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
jillene2015

Villa Camponeschi - Pica's

Post by jillene2015 »

My father wants to visit Villa Camponeschi where his mother was born in 1910. She came to the US in 1912. I'm trying to somehow get an address and find out if her family home still exists today. My understanding is this whole village is all Pica's and the population is only about 30 people. I believe this is a rural area. Do they have telephone or internet service there? How can I find a listing of people who live in this village that include their addresses? If I contacted the town hall would they be of any help? Would they reply in English?

A distant cousin put me in touch with someone in Italy but the process is very slow. I don't believe she speaks English so she likely has to have someone translate my FB messages.

Another concern my father had was between the world wars and the earthquakes, would anything from that long ago still be standing?

Thanks,
Jillene
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Villa Camponeschi - Pica's

Post by suanj »

surely there is telephone and internet. For high questions I suggest you contact the owner of this website
villacamponeschi@email.it
it seems that know so much also abt the Pica http://www.villa.altervista.org/HOOM/i% ... a/PICA.jpg
and here people of Villa Camponeschi, in the past time http://www.villa.altervista.org/HOOM/i% ... index.html click on to see the pictures…
if the owner don't speak english you can translate by a google translator.. . so write in english and translate it in italian…
However all Young italians speaking also english, no fluent but however helpful..
hoping helpful,
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jillene2015

Re: Villa Camponeschi - Pica's

Post by jillene2015 »

Thank you for the information!