Acuto, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
nankeggab

Acuto, Italy

Post by nankeggab »

Good Morning - I am visiting Acuto Italy (my grandfather's home town) this June and would like to find out 1) the house he lived in and 2) how to search the town records?
I successfully ordered and received his birth certificate; however, it doesn't have any addresses or work or any personal information on it. It only has his name, dob, and his parents name.

I guess I was wondering what would be the best way to try and find out some additional information.

Any info would be helpful - thank you

Nancy Perinellil
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Acuto, Italy

Post by Italysearcher »

Well, given the situtation you may not be visiting in June after all. In the event that you do you should go to the 'anagrafe' office in city hall with the certificate that they sent you and ask for the address. Searching the town records will depend on the clerk. You may be better with the priest. There are posts on my website about visiting the town of origin and on parish research.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
nankeggab

Post by nankeggab »

Thank you-I will follow your advise and hopefully be successful, and I am remaining positive about my trip in June
:)
AnnekeH

Post by AnnekeH »

Buona giornata. Per favore dimmi se sei riuscito a trovare informazioni. ho una situazione simile