Pienza Italy? Piegentine

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Rap1977

Pienza Italy? Piegentine

Post by Rap1977 »

I am looking to find out where my CASTELLINI family came from in Italy. I have found, through passenger records and others, that the family emigrated from Carpaneto piacentino, Piacenza, in the Emilia - Romagna region. However, I was not able to find any record of them in civil records there. I asked the Castellini's here and they said that the Castelini's were born near the Switzerland border possibly near the alps. They mentioned a place called Pienza and said they were Piegentine (both spelled phonetically) I searched and found a Pienza in Tuscany, no where near Switzerland, but my grandfather's birth certificate says his parents were born in Toscana, Italy.
Does anyone have any suggestions about where to look for records? Does anyone have a clue what place they might be referring to when they say Pienza and what piegentine is? I have a feeling that they may have been born in the North and then moved to Piacenza before coming to America. Should there be any records in Piacenza other than birth, death, marriage, that could show where they came from.
Any help would be appreciated.
Rap1977

Re: Pienza Italy? Piegentine

Post by Rap1977 »

Does anyone have any ideas? I am stuck with this family right now. Maybe I should hire a researcher from the area where they emigrated from. Could there be records there that might point to where the family is from if they moved to Carpaneto before going to America?
Thanks
SignoraK

Re: Pienza Italy? Piegentine

Post by SignoraK »

Are you still looking for help? I also have Pienza family, I’m very well skilled in locations records for this area. I would be happy to speak with you more.