It is becoming more expensive...

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

It is becoming more expensive...

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I just noticed that Connecticut is now charging a whopping $40.00 for apostilles. This is twice what I paid 2-1/2 years ago.

I feel the pain of anyone who has a number of Connecticut documents in their jus sanguinis case. I am working with a friend who will require at least seven Connecticut apostilles just for his own case; then additional ones for his children and possibly still more if his four siblings decide to apply as well.

http://www.ct.gov/sots/cwp/view.asp?A=3177&Q=392130
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Squigy
Master
Master

Re: It is becoming more expensive...

Post by Squigy »

johnnyonthespot wrote:I just noticed that Connecticut is now charging a whopping $40.00 for apostilles. This is twice what I paid 2-1/2 years ago.

I feel the pain of anyone who has a number of Connecticut documents in their jus sanguinis case. I am working with a friend who will require at least seven Connecticut apostilles just for his own case; then additional ones for his children and possibly still more if his four siblings decide to apply as well.

http://www.ct.gov/sots/cwp/view.asp?A=3177&Q=392130
What!?!? That's crazy! PA still only charges $15 per apostille, I believe. Anyway, it's best not to delay in getting citizenship. Not only because it's getting more expensive, but also because you never know when they might alter the rules back in Italy, making obtaining citizenship more difficult or impossible.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito