Hi john_dominic,
Yes, THE MAIN REASON most people get a Y-DNA test is for the reason you mention---to see if they share a common male ancestor with another male in recent times (sometime in the last 500 years, lets say). By ordering a Y-DNA 25 marker test and comparing it to another persons Y-DNA ...
Search found 3 matches
- 23 Mar 2007, 16:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DNA Testing?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 34128
- 23 Mar 2007, 04:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DNA Testing?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 34128
Re: DNA Testing?
Hi Guys,
Ok, the DNA tests have been fascinating for me. However, please remember that for each DNA test, you are only testing for ONE of your many ancestors lines. So, if a person gets a Y-DNA test and an mtDNA test, then out of their 8 great-grandparents, they only will know the ORIGIN of 2 of ...
Ok, the DNA tests have been fascinating for me. However, please remember that for each DNA test, you are only testing for ONE of your many ancestors lines. So, if a person gets a Y-DNA test and an mtDNA test, then out of their 8 great-grandparents, they only will know the ORIGIN of 2 of ...
- 19 Mar 2007, 22:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DNA Testing?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 34128
Re: DNA Testing?
Hi everyone,
My name is Louis Loccisano, the Administrator of the "Calabria DNA Project" at FamilyTreeDNA. I appreciate Nuccia letting me know about your discussion, and I will be happy to let you know my opinions on Genetic Genealogy and what DNA testing can show.
I became involved with DNA ...
My name is Louis Loccisano, the Administrator of the "Calabria DNA Project" at FamilyTreeDNA. I appreciate Nuccia letting me know about your discussion, and I will be happy to let you know my opinions on Genetic Genealogy and what DNA testing can show.
I became involved with DNA ...