Thanks all...I have been out of town and apologize for not clearing matters up sooner.
Pelino was in the census as my uncle's first name. The last name was DiLillo. And my amily is from Abruzzo, so Uantiti is on track. I could never find any listing for the name either, which is why I thought it ...
Search found 6 matches
- 11 Mar 2009, 02:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Italian Names - Pelino
- Replies: 14
- Views: 14748
- 02 Mar 2009, 22:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Italian Names - Pelino
- Replies: 14
- Views: 14748
Italian Names - Pelino
My uncle was known to all of us as Uncle Billy; William to my grandmother. But the 1930 US Census has him listed as Pelino. I can not find this as a first name anywhere except on some other censuses. Is this a nickname for something else? Or is this a real name?
- 24 Oct 2006, 04:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gigi / Giggie
- Replies: 13
- Views: 12560
Re: Gigi / Giggie
Thank you all so very much...I have a lot of info to digest and review. Some look like fantastic finds.
I can see why you are "VIP" and "Masters"!!
I hope I can repay some favors some day...
Dean DeLillo.
I can see why you are "VIP" and "Masters"!!
I hope I can repay some favors some day...
Dean DeLillo.
- 21 Oct 2006, 03:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gigi / Giggie
- Replies: 13
- Views: 12560
Gigi / Giggie
Greetings:
Researching my mother's Italian side. From a birth certificate of my grandmother:
Antonia Gigi
Born: Aug 22, 1901 East Boston, MA, USA
Died: May 27 1954 San Francisco, CA, USA
Father: Michele Gigi Italy, Laborer
Mother: Maria Ruciu Italy
We have uncertified information for Antonia's ...
Researching my mother's Italian side. From a birth certificate of my grandmother:
Antonia Gigi
Born: Aug 22, 1901 East Boston, MA, USA
Died: May 27 1954 San Francisco, CA, USA
Father: Michele Gigi Italy, Laborer
Mother: Maria Ruciu Italy
We have uncertified information for Antonia's ...
- 21 Oct 2006, 03:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DeLillo / DiLillo / DiLillio
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8811
Re: DeLillo / DiLillo / DiLillio
Maria and VJ;
You were so fast and accurate! I am so sorry that I took so long to return to my quest!
Since July, I also found the ship manifest from ancestry.com, albeit just the first page - thanks for page 2. So many different spellings!
I didn't know there was a WWI draft registration - I will ...
You were so fast and accurate! I am so sorry that I took so long to return to my quest!
Since July, I also found the ship manifest from ancestry.com, albeit just the first page - thanks for page 2. So many different spellings!
I didn't know there was a WWI draft registration - I will ...
- 13 Jul 2006, 08:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DeLillo / DiLillo / DiLillio
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8811
DeLillo / DiLillo / DiLillio
I am searching for my paternal grandparents. Both were from Abruzzo. Names: Bonifacio DiLillo (or possibly DiLillio), born 1897 or 1899 and Pasqualina Ciarelli (or Cicarelli). One or both of them were from Corfinio, in L'Aquila.
Thanks for any help.
Thanks for any help.