Search found 4 matches

by Tennis17
17 Jun 2004, 20:21
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Anyone know about Oliveto Citra, Salerno?
Replies: 4
Views: 6326

Re: Anyone know about Oliveto Citra, Salerno?

There are 7 Lurgios and 2 calabrese listed. If I were you I would write a letter for the Lurgios and one for the calabrese's and ask them what they know about your family. There is a website for Oliveto Citra as well at www.comuni.it and if you wish there are form letters in italian which can be wr...
by Tennis17
17 Jun 2004, 20:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames: Pullano, Lurgio, Calabrese
Replies: 6
Views: 6855

Re: Surnames: Pullano, Lurgio, Calabrese

Hi...... Could not find him in the passenger lists...could be he came in through another port then NY, his name is spelled wrong, or if his entire family came with him, he was listed by his mother's maiden name which often happened. A couple of things. The census indicated he arrived in 1888/89. He...
by Tennis17
17 Jun 2004, 04:29
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Anyone know about Oliveto Citra, Salerno?
Replies: 4
Views: 6326

Anyone know about Oliveto Citra, Salerno?

Hi I"m looking for information about this town and about two families from here, The Lurgio's and The Calabrese's.

Thanks,
Joelyn
by Tennis17
17 Jun 2004, 04:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames: Pullano, Lurgio, Calabrese
Replies: 6
Views: 6855

Surnames: Pullano, Lurgio, Calabrese

Hi all, I've started to research my family and have hit a few walls. I'm looking for information on the following: Pullano: My Great-grandfather Rosario Pullano came to america between 1886 and 1888. He was young about 12. I have an older family and most have passed away. All that is remembered is t...