Search found 24 matches

by dianamite
15 Jul 2009, 14:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: I think i found his ship!!!!
Replies: 7
Views: 7542

Re: I think i found his ship!!!!

Well, I have not gotten any further - and am pretty sure the ship mentioned in my top post is not my grandfather :(

None of our family ever used the i in our names, not sure if any Stinziani would tie in with us or not. We have always had Stanziano
by dianamite
25 Feb 2009, 20:41

Re: I think i found his ship!!!!

Thank you so much! hmmm... if i don't show his name on any other documents as containing Domenico, then this is probably not my grandfather? The writing is hard to read for the place he is going, I can tell Giovanni Stanziano and Cleveland but not what preceeds it, or anything else there. Can anyone...
by dianamite
25 Feb 2009, 19:45

I think i found his ship!!!!

His name, Stanziano, was hugely misspelled to Hangiani.... This is the "closest" i have come to finding his exact info (name, age, etc.). The town he is from is in question, as he is from Castellino del Biferno, and this lists Ripo... 'something'... Name: Da Antonio Hangiani (see below). M...
by dianamite
24 Jun 2008, 14:12
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: RUBANO Filomena di Giuseppe 23-Apr-1914 - 23-Jun-2008
Replies: 18
Views: 20249

Re: RUBANO Filomena di Giuseppe 24-Apr-1914 - 23-Jun-2008

I am so very sorry for your loss - thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
by dianamite
09 Jun 2008, 01:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Stanziano & other Castellin del Biferno name look-up sit
Replies: 2
Views: 3895

Re: Stanziano & other Castellin del Biferno name look-up

thank you! I could *not* have done it without Libby's pages!!!!!! I hope it reaches people doing searches before it scrolls too far
;)
by dianamite
08 Jun 2008, 21:02
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: translate request...
Replies: 4
Views: 6254

Re: translate request...

the only research i've done is on the computer... i have searched on the FHC site... no luck

i appreciate the "good luck" wishes
:wink:
by dianamite
08 Jun 2008, 16:00

Re: translate request...

the niece (?) part makes somewhat sense. Just the other day I found out that Achilles Bucci (listed as father, was actually her adopted? father. He married a Maria Michele Ferrante who was the grandaughter of Antonio's great-grandfather. This Maria Ferrante would be Antonio's great-great-niece. (???...
by dianamite
06 Jun 2008, 20:36

translate request...

this is the letter my grandfather, Antonio, wrote to have my grandmother come here to America to marry him after his 1st wife died. I don't think i need the whole letter translated, as it contains "legaleze". II apologize that it is *very* hard to read, the back is bleeding thru the front,...
by dianamite
05 Jun 2008, 18:17
Topic: my grandfather must have used a glider...
Replies: 23
Views: 15208

Re: my grandfather must have used a glider...

i'm certain he went back to Italy, I found his marriage & death there at Libby's site. The surprise was that he was here in the first place - if indeed that is a "him" - i am not so sure anymore, lol. I wish that this were the only "mystery" in my family history!! I'll not po...
by dianamite
05 Jun 2008, 17:51

Yes, this is correct - his first wife (Angeline) died in 1917. He remarried in 1921 (Maria Amelia Fortunata) ... all children as you listed are correct and known. The unknown child (Joean) is only listed on 1910 and was the only child listed as born in Italy. Antonio probably should have been listed...
by dianamite
05 Jun 2008, 16:05

i am believing anything is possible at this point - but the story we were always told is that Grandpa had a son with his first wife and that he was not able to come to this country because he was disabled. The disability was never explained as to what. When I found the 1910 census with a Joean on it...
by dianamite
05 Jun 2008, 14:42

yes - very mysterious... as the 1910 census lists the child Joean (John?) as age 9 - so born 1901, and states born in Italy. So he must have traveled with the mother, yes? but his name is missing in the 1920 census so i am assuming he went back to Italy some time before that. I have info that he mar...
by dianamite
05 Jun 2008, 13:45

gosh that certainly *has* to be his wife... esp. w/that town name (Lorain) but I thought son - the 1910 census lists a Joean.. age 9, born in Italy. Where did you get the original document? I can't print it very readably from the link. too funny if i find Antonio's 1st wife's passage, as i already h...
by dianamite
05 Jun 2008, 12:43

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol...
um, thanks - i think - LOL... although that may answer a few things like that..

OK, i'll check on her siblings. Maybe that IS a piece of this puzzle.