Search found 7 matches

by sawdoc
03 Apr 2007, 17:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Advice on researching the Bari region
Replies: 14
Views: 11189

Re: Advice on researching the Bari region

Mark RASC stands for Royal army service corps there were many divisions of this. I know dads company was involved in working with the special forces, often gun running to yugoslavia dressed in civvies which would of meant execution if caught. a lot of work was done up and down the east coast i.e Bar...
by sawdoc
30 Mar 2007, 18:38
Topic: Advice on researching the Bari region
Replies: 14
Views: 11189

Re: Advice on researching the Bari region

Hi Sorry to hijack this post but just to put a twist on things Im from Liverpool too and Im trying to research all things Molfetta. My dad was stationed there during world war 2 he was in the RASC motorboats Im interested to know where they may have been billeted etc Any snippets of info would be ap...
by sawdoc
21 Jan 2006, 00:42
Topic: births 1945
Replies: 1
Views: 2946

births 1945

Hi

Can anyone tell me how many recorded female Births there were in Italy in !945 Does such a statistic exist?

Thanks

Kevin
by sawdoc
13 Jan 2006, 00:00
Topic: Dirce, Bari
Replies: 0
Views: 2063

Dirce, Bari

Has anyone come across the first name of "Dirce" in and around Bari. Is it common to that area or is it a common name in Italy overall?. Born Circa 1920

Many thanks

Kevin
by sawdoc
14 May 2005, 18:40
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Molfetta
Replies: 8
Views: 13816

Re: Molfetta

wldspirit and suanj thankou so much for your replies they are most helpful. I will do as you suggest. One other though I had though, is it possible that even though My father and Dirce (as far as I know) were not married would his surname be entered on Elizabeths birth certificate thanks again Kevin
by sawdoc
12 May 2005, 18:11

Re: Molfetta

Hi All Im sorry but i have been away and not had a chance to thank you all for your replies. The are most helpful. I have another question though. From the birth records that are kept at the Municipio in Bari would it be possible to search for a first name only along with the mothers first name or i...
by sawdoc
11 Apr 2005, 18:20

Molfetta

Can anyone give me more information about Molfetta. I am interested where the allied forces would have been based during World War 2. Also, how many provinces there are and if there a central birth index for the years 1943 - 1946

thanks

Kevin