Search found 13 matches

by lmegliol
27 Sep 2007, 19:33
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: FOIA request help please
Replies: 13
Views: 10406

Re: FOIA request help please

I don't think it is required. I think that field is there so that you can fill it out if you already know it.
by lmegliol
31 Aug 2007, 02:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Commune records on microfilm
Replies: 4
Views: 5315

Re: Commune records on microfilm

Thanks for the information and tips. How far in advance of a marriage would the banns be published?
by lmegliol
30 Aug 2007, 17:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Commune records on microfilm
Replies: 4
Views: 5315

Commune records on microfilm

A microfilm I ordered from the local Family History Center came in yesterday and I found a birth record I was looking for. The microfilm also seems to have something called "pubblicaziones" or publications (I assume) from the commune on it. Since I can only read the most basic of Italian, I have no ...
by lmegliol
14 Aug 2007, 16:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Great-grandmother's First Name
Replies: 22
Views: 18256

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

I sent you a PM.
by lmegliol
13 Aug 2007, 19:52
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: G-639 Question
Replies: 0
Views: 3545

G-639 Question

I'm filling out a G-639 to request naturalization records. I'm in pretty good shape in that I have a copy of the Certificate of Citizenship with enough information on it to request a certified copy of the naturalization records. But I'm not sure how to fill this form out.

Specifically, I've checked ...
by lmegliol
30 Jul 2007, 15:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Great-grandmother's First Name
Replies: 22
Views: 18256

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Thank you. I was just searching for resources that explained how to interpret passenger lists.
by lmegliol
30 Jul 2007, 15:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Great-grandmother's First Name
Replies: 22
Views: 18256

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

One other question about that passenger list. There are dates hand-written or stamped toward the end of the line for many of the passengers. The date is long after the date of arrival. What is that date?
by lmegliol
30 Jul 2007, 15:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Great-grandmother's First Name
Replies: 22
Views: 18256

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Ah. My apologies. I misunderstood some of the previous discussion above, and I looked at the wrong line.

Everything there looks like it should be correct, with one exception. I have her mother's maiden name as Mary Divengentis, which is not close to what is listed there. I got her mother's maiden ...
by lmegliol
30 Jul 2007, 05:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Great-grandmother's First Name
Replies: 22
Views: 18256

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Essgee, thank you very much for putting the effort into researching this for me, but I think that must be a different person you came up with. Pierro was my great-grandmother's maiden name. She was 15 or 16 when she came to the US in 1916, and she was married to my great-grandfather two years later ...
by lmegliol
27 Jul 2007, 18:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Great-grandmother's First Name
Replies: 22
Views: 18256

Great-grandmother's First Name

It was suggested to me to post my problem on this forum to see if anyone might have suggestions or help to offer me.

I am trying to determine my great-grandmother's first name. She was born in Lacedonia, Avellino, Campania, Italy on August 14, 1900. Her last name was Pierro. She came to the US in ...
by lmegliol
27 Jul 2004, 02:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Megliola, Pierro and Lanzalotti from Avellino
Replies: 4
Views: 6158

Re: Megliola, Pierro and Lanzalotti from Avellino

Well, I suppose this is the off chance then. I am very interested in genealogy and do actively research it. Most of my research is done online however, and that severely limits my abilities. I have charted a little bit of research in Avellino and have gotten back some good results. I have posted ...
by lmegliol
24 Jul 2004, 08:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Megliola, Pierro and Lanzalotti from Avellino
Replies: 4
Views: 6158

Megliola, Pierro and Lanzalotti from Avellino

Hello,

I am looking for information about Megliola, Pierro and Lanzalotti from Avellino. Any help would be appreciated. If you would like to contact me...

mcgree777-italiangen@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Leonard Megliola
by lmegliol
24 Jul 2004, 08:55
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Avellino Questions
Replies: 5
Views: 8626

Avellino Questions

Hello,

I am confused about Avellino. Is it a town or a province? What is its relationship to Lacedonia. When doing research I find references to Lacedonia and Avellino and I am not sure what they mean.

How large is Avellino now, and how large was it around 1900?

My family immigrated to the US ...