Search found 6 matches

by txnygirl
19 Aug 2004, 20:57
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Looking for help
Replies: 13
Views: 16027

Re: Looking for help

Obviously you and I have gotten off on the wrong foot. I am not sure how that came about, but I am sorry to see that happen. I appreciate your time and help as I said before. I am not looking for any "spoon feeding", I think I have proven that by researching your very site and following your ...
by txnygirl
19 Aug 2004, 19:13
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Looking for help
Replies: 13
Views: 16027

Re: Looking for help

Thank you for your time and advise. Sorry to have wasted it.
Paula
by txnygirl
19 Aug 2004, 15:36
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Looking for help
Replies: 13
Views: 16027

Re: Looking for help

:( You are hurting my feelings, Peter. I have these pieces of information here and there, but was unsure how to go about putting it all together. I have been reading the forums and trying to learn what to that way. Is that not correct? I am asking you what the next step is....
Paula
by txnygirl
19 Aug 2004, 04:26
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Looking for help
Replies: 13
Views: 16027

Re: Looking for help

Actually, I spoke with my dad tonight and got some more information from him. He is a bit hesitant to speak about our ancestry. I think he is afraid we might find out something that will taint my grandparents memory. I did find out that my grandfather came over many times, but I did find one entry ...
by txnygirl
19 Aug 2004, 00:49
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Looking for help
Replies: 13
Views: 16027

Re: Looking for help

Thanks! I will try that... I also found a name of a person in Calabria (that is where my grandfather is from) that has the same last name. I am in the process of writing a letter to them to see if I can get a response. I do know that I have relatives in Canada as well, but the information is all ...
by txnygirl
18 Aug 2004, 22:51
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Looking for help
Replies: 13
Views: 16027

Looking for help

I am fairly new to the geneology research idea. I do have some basic information from the ellis island website, but not much more. I have placed/looked for my surname across many sites but haven't had much luck yet. Where do I go next? 8O