Search found 1059 matches

by brujaojos
25 Apr 2010, 23:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Petello, Pitello, etc from Isca Sullo Ionio
Replies: 24
Views: 33481

Re: Petello, Pitello, etc from Isca Sullo Ionio

Hello..........i stumbled across many of these posts by accident but am glad I did. I have a grandfather who came from Isca Sullo Ionia through Ellis Island and lived in Kulpmont, PA His name was Vito Anania and my grandmother was Mary Rovito Anania. Any information you can provide on the Anania or...
by brujaojos
06 Apr 2010, 20:01
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of a 1901 marriage record
Replies: 16
Views: 16630

Re: Translation of a 1901 marriage record

Would registers carry the actually registration of the marriage, or is this as close as we get? Hi Ingrid, Are you using the microfilm from the Family History Center for San Fili in order to obtain records? Here is the link for the film numbers. http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/pr...
by brujaojos
06 Apr 2010, 01:14
Topic: Translation Assistance
Replies: 4
Views: 5305

Re: Translation Assistance

I am learning how to translate these documents and need someone to please type out the document in type format and then also translate it into English. I sincerely thank you in advance. Michel Greco http://yfrog.com/0y201003311317j http://yfrog.com/6x201003311318j Hi there, Hope this helps some. Tr...
by brujaojos
05 Apr 2010, 03:09
Topic: Translation of a 1901 marriage record
Views: 16630

Re: Translation of a 1901 marriage record

Hi. I don't read intalian, but I used to be fluent in French. This is the marriage record of my best friend's grandmother. If I could get help wlith its translation, I'm sure I would be able to figure out the marriage records of many of her ancestors. She and I would be very grateful for any help a...
by brujaojos
05 Apr 2010, 02:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Genealogists in NJ?
Replies: 13
Views: 7964

Re: Genealogists in NJ?

Hi Everyone, I have been in touch with Alicia. I have looked over her information. I did get back to Alicia with advice on how to get information. Plus Alicia did find more information as we were corresponding which I am very happy for her. Beniamino Passaro is from the town of Vallo Della Lucania, ...
by brujaojos
10 Nov 2009, 14:18

Hi Trish, Thank you for the information! I do not know a Rick Coroniti. I know an Evo Coroniti who still lives in Marion Heights. Evo is the cousin of Rick. There was one more child: Anna b1889 d1947 She married George Peters and had 8 children. Elisabetta b1885 d1965 married Galardi (first name wa...
by brujaojos
05 Nov 2009, 23:55

Hi, My Grandfather was Vito Stillo b1894 in Isca Sullo Ionio and settled in Marion Heights, PA. His father was Antionio Stillo. His mother was Barbara Coroniti. I am looking for anything on the Coroniti side that you might have. My grandfather had two sisters: Anna and Elizabeta. Any help will be a...
by brujaojos
29 Oct 2009, 21:18
Topic: D'ANNA, GARBACCIO, LATTERI, MAGRI, RIZZO, & SALANITRO
Replies: 15
Views: 18554

Re: D'ANNA, GARBACCIO, LATTERI, MAGRI, RIZZO, & SAL

Hi Linda, I had the pleasure of meeting you in my Italian Class at the Cherry Hill Family History Center Genealogy Conference which was held October 17, 2009. I already gave you information on how to locate the ship your Magri ancestors came into the USA on. I wanted to share the following informati...
by brujaojos
04 Oct 2009, 13:34
Topic: Searching Surnames: LONGIOTTI and SBROCCHI
Views: 16279

Re: Searching Surnames: LONGIOTTI and SBROCCHI

Hi Valarie,

It's great to see you too. :) :)

It's so nice to see everyone on the forum and how wonderful everyone is with helping people trace their ancestors.

hugs and smiles :)
Trish
by brujaojos
03 Oct 2009, 18:59
Topic: Searching Surnames: LONGIOTTI and SBROCCHI
Views: 16279

Re: Searching Surnames: LONGIOTTI and SBROCCHI

Hi Peach, I have to ask a question. Do you have the death certificate of Alessandro Lanciotti? His death certificate would list his parents' names. Alessandro Lanciotti born: November 11, 1888 in Corropoli, Italy died: November 10, 1966 in Crawford, Pennsylvania. If you are asking about the same Ale...
by brujaojos
25 Nov 2007, 18:39
Topic: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Replies: 26
Views: 25128

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Thanks for your reply. I'm in South Philly! I spent many, many hours back in the 80's at the FHC in Broomal, they were the Pre-Internet Days!! Well, Thanks Again for your reply Trish, always nice to hear from a Fellow Philadelphian! Hi John, I too am in South Philly!:D Also, I go to the Cherry Hill...
by brujaojos
24 Nov 2007, 16:30
Topic: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Replies: 26
Views: 25128

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Hi John, I see you are from Philly also! :) Me too! :) The Family History Centers do not have microfilm for your town. You will have to write to the town directly for records. Here is the address. Ufficio Stato Civile Comune di Sessa Cilento Via XXIV Maggio SA 84074 Sessa Cilento ITALY Here is a for...
by brujaojos
03 Nov 2007, 16:46
Topic: Surname - Savoie - Savoi - Caldonazzi - Lazzeri
Views: 7465

Re: Surname - Savoie - Savoi - Caldonazzi - Lazzeri

Hi SELAH, The request to Italy has to be in Italian. Here is a link from ICC that will help you translate you letter into Italian. http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/statocivile.asp ****** Also, per the manifest that VJ found, it stated the family was going to go see his brother, Giov...
by brujaojos
02 Nov 2007, 18:22
Topic: Surname - Savoie - Savoi - Caldonazzi - Lazzeri
Views: 7465

Re: Surname - Savoie - Savoi - Caldonazzi - Lazzeri

Grandpa: Guiseppe Savoie supposedly from Capriana area DOB: 12/1897 Grandma: Maria L. Lazzeri - born in Peri - DOB: 1/19/1899 Her mama was Rosina Caldonazzi from Caoria - DOB 2/3/1874 her dad was Marino Lazzeri from Capriana - DOB 3/28/1866 Hi There, I have a few questions to ask you. 1. Were Giuse...
by brujaojos
21 Oct 2007, 03:25
Topic: Need Help! Joseph (Guiseppe) Virzi ship manifest
Replies: 36
Views: 30992

Re: Need Help! Joseph (Guiseppe) Virzi ship manifest

HI there, I would like to go back over the census records with you in order to gain some clues. I'm sorry if I am repeating, but I'm sure we'll figure out what we are missing. Per the 1910 census, Giuseppe came to the USA around 1900 and is still considered an Alien. the wife and children also state...