Thank you. I have them in permanent loan. I will take a closer look
by lola66
01 Mar 2007, 19:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Catasti Onciari
Replies: 23
Views: 21367

Re: Catasti Onciari

Earlier in this thread someone mentione that the Catasti is not the only document available for this time. Here is my dilemma: I researched all the civile records for the communi and have 3 separate family trees. I orderd and received the catasti onciari from the town hoping to find the connection. ...
by lola66
20 Jan 2005, 21:53
Topic: Steps on obtaining microfilm from a Family History Center
Replies: 41
Views: 43856

Re: Steps on obtaining microfilm from a Family History Cente

WLDSPIRIT to find the microfilms for trapani, visit www.familysearch.org. There you can search the FHC film archives for you town. I did a quick check on trapani and found several films for the area. for what you are looking for oyu will need to staart with the Civile Registration records which will...
by lola66
04 Jan 2005, 02:02
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Valle di Cadore and Pieve di Cadore, Belluno Italy
Replies: 17
Views: 21825

Re: Valle di Cadore and Pieve di Cadore, Belluno Italy

I make three! I am beginning my search in the Cadore area (Tai de Cadore) I also have Del Favero, da Via, in my tree. I have a tree that a family member started (researching De Tone and Coletti) but there is no backup documentation and there are many discrepancies. I have taken it upon myself to fil...
by lola66
30 Dec 2004, 15:40
Topic: Catasti Onciari
Replies: 23
Views: 21367

Catasti Onciari

Has anyone had any luck getting copies of the Catasti for their town? I would like any feedback on your experiences, how long it took for a response, etc. I have requested a quote from the Archives at Naples and have yet to receive a response.....
by lola66
15 Dec 2004, 16:26
Topic: Researching Northern Italy - Help needed
Replies: 10
Views: 8909

Re: Researching Northern Italy - Help needed

Thank you - That is a big help!!!
by lola66
14 Dec 2004, 23:22
Topic: Priverno and Roccasecca
Replies: 3
Views: 4921

Re: Priverno and Roccasecca

Piperno is in the province of Lazio. As far as I know there are no microfilms available for this town. If you email me with what names you are researching I may be able to help you with some info -- I have a tree of 800 names from this town, and your may be on it!
by lola66
14 Dec 2004, 23:18
Topic: Salerno- Lucia and or Delaro
Replies: 54
Views: 40519

Re: Salerno- Lucia and or Delaro

Oh yes - Amy you may want to visit cyndi's list at http://cyndislist.com/. This site has an extensive list of resources for you to start with.......
by lola66
14 Dec 2004, 23:15
Topic: Salerno- Lucia and or Delaro
Replies: 54
Views: 40519

Re: Salerno- Lucia and or Delaro

Peter/AMY

FYI - the ellisisland will list town of origin...........
by lola66
14 Dec 2004, 22:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Pennsylvania Coal Miners
Replies: 9
Views: 20941

Pennsylvania Coal Miners

Our family story says that my Grandfather and GGF were coal miners in Conemaugh PA inthe late 1800's. Are there any resources out there that I can use to prove this? I have not been able to find them on US census records since Conemaugh spans 3 different counties.
by lola66
14 Dec 2004, 20:31
Topic: Researching Northern Italy - Help needed
Replies: 10
Views: 8909

Researching Northern Italy - Help needed

I would like to begin researchin my maternal grandfather's family and do not know where to start. I;ve been researching my fathers side for a few years now so I know all the basics. This is more of a geographical quandry. My grandfather and his family are from a town named Tai de Cadore located in t...
by lola66
14 Dec 2004, 20:17
Topic: Italian surname search site
Replies: 18
Views: 18526

Re: Italian surname search site

Actually, in my experience Italians are VERY into genealogy, especially when a possible relative writes them. I searched for my surname in Italy and came up with 95 people in teh international white pages with my surname. I wrote 95 letters, an recieved 93 responses !!!!! Some with pictures, others ...