Search found 15 matches

by mbanting
01 Jan 2010, 03:07
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Latin names translation
Replies: 5
Views: 6232

Re: Latin names translation

Yes, Innocentia may be correct. I have photocopies of the documents and unfortunately they are in written form. Calistamus seems fairly clear but I have noticed that some documents include the "us" at the end of male names.
by mbanting
30 Dec 2009, 00:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Latin names translation
Replies: 5
Views: 6232

Latin names translation

I have some documents which have the names in Latin. Can someone tell me what the Italian equivalent would be?

The names are... Calistamus
Immacentia
by mbanting
22 Jul 2005, 07:35
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: immigration to Canada
Replies: 4
Views: 5253

Re: immigration to Canada

This was great information. It seems to fit although the spelling of the last name is not exact. I think that sometimes people's handwriting was not completely understood. Thanks for your help.
by mbanting
06 Jul 2005, 20:02

Re: immigration to Canada

I've already been to the Archives and have not found what I am looking for. Their ShipsList CD does not reference ships from Italy and does not include any Italian ports. In looking at passenger lists I have noticed names of Italians on the ships leaving from Liverpool. Is this how Italians came to ...
by mbanting
05 Jul 2005, 08:53

immigration to Canada

I'm trying to locate the immigration information for my great grand-father Baptista (or Gian Baptista) Catarinella who was supposed to have arrived in Canada in 1871. I have looked on the Ellis Island site and cannot locate him and when I tried to find a ship which arrived in Canada during that year...
by mbanting
05 Jul 2005, 08:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Replies: 2
Views: 3074

immigration to Canada

I am trying to locate the immigration information for Baptista (or Gian Baptista) Catarinella who was supposed to have come to Canada in 1871. When I looked for ships that came to Canada that year they all seemed to have come from the port of Liverpool or other UK ports. Surely there must have been ...
by mbanting
22 May 2005, 05:52
Topic: Caterinella/Demeo
Replies: 10
Views: 9810

Re: Caterinella/Demeo

You've been a great help. It's interesting that the Nativity is England...strange with the Italian last name. You have given a micorfilm Roll Number. What is the microfilm from?
by mbanting
19 May 2005, 05:30

I'm in the Ottawa area.
by mbanting
18 May 2005, 20:37

I am not sure the names of my grandfather's parents however, I found out that there was a Ferdmando Catarinella who died in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario in 1907. He was 103 years of age. He might be the person whose name looks like Ford Catarinella---possibly my grandfather's father and wife (Nicolette...
by mbanting
18 May 2005, 20:21

That is wonderful information. Filomena's father was Alessandro and she was born in 1865 so the estimated time of birth seems right. I have looked for so long to find any info. Now to find her husband (last name Catarinella).Thanks, thanks, thanks.
by mbanting
17 May 2005, 18:57

They came to Canada probably around 1893 and settled in Ottawa until 1900 when they went to Sault Ste. Marie. I know that one aunt was born in 1895 in Ottawa and she was not the oldest child. I cannot find them in the city directories of Ottawa during that time. I was told that they lived under a br...
by mbanting
17 May 2005, 01:55

Caterinella/Demeo

I am trying to find out information regarding my great grandparents. My great grandfather was named Gian Baptist Caterinella and my great grandmother was Philomena Demeo. They were born in or around Volturara Irpino (or Serino)in the Avellino province in 1865-66. Any information what be of assistanc...
by mbanting
17 May 2005, 01:45
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Terrari, Avellino Province
Replies: 13
Views: 12876

Re: Terrari, Avellino Province

Thanks. In my research there is mention that my grandparents came from Terrari (which could be Ferrari) and the other place is Volturara Irpino. Are these places close together?
by mbanting
03 May 2005, 05:15
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Terrari, Avellino Province
Replies: 13
Views: 12876

Terrari, Avellino Province

I am trying to find information about my great grandparents. There was a newspaper article stating that they came from Terrari, Italy but I cannot locate such a place. I believe that it might be in the Avellino Province but am not sure. Has anyone heard of such a place?
by mbanting
03 May 2005, 05:10
Topic: looking for surnames Demeo, Caterinella, Carnaroli
Replies: 1
Views: 3655

looking for surnames Demeo, Caterinella, Carnaroli

I'm researching my family tree and am looking for information on my great grandparents Filomena Demeo and her husband Gianni Battista Caterinella. They may have been born in Volturara Irpino in the Avellino Province. They were born in 1866-67.