Search found 37 matches

by tmajor
18 Jun 2014, 03:15
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Visiting rome
Replies: 26
Views: 14407

Re: Visiting rome

I will be visiting Rome, Florence, and Venice next month and would love some suggestions! I know we want to go to see Pompeii one of our days in Rome. And I would love to go to Verona one of our days in Venice. Also, we are interested in seeing an opera while there, but seeing one in Verona doesn't ...
by tmajor
30 Nov 2008, 16:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: can someone help me with access to ancestry?
Replies: 2
Views: 3303

Re: can someone help me with access to ancestry?

Thanks. I was thinking maybe Rocco was the married name and A was for her first name. Thanks for looking it up for me though.
by tmajor
30 Nov 2008, 01:52
Topic: can someone help me with access to ancestry?
Replies: 2
Views: 3303

can someone help me with access to ancestry?

I am trying to get a copy of this record to see if it is possibly the sister of my great-grandfather. Thanks for the help. Trisha Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956 Immigration & Emigration View Image Name: Rocco A Piazza Birth: year - Italy Arrival: date - Buffalo New York, Buffal...
by tmajor
21 Jun 2005, 09:28
Topic: need help looking up census record
Replies: 3
Views: 3262

Re: need help looking up census record

no, that's not what i thought it was, but thank you for looking. I'm looking for Josephing Graffagnino that's married to Antonino Graffagnino with several children.
by tmajor
21 Jun 2005, 08:31
Topic: need help looking up census record
Replies: 3
Views: 3262

need help looking up census record

I have access to census records through my library database, but the 1930 census isn't indexed. I'm trying to look up Josephine Graffagnino and found her on ancestry in the Orleans, LA 1930 census born about 1905. But without the specific city, it's still a needle in a haystack search. If anyone cou...
by tmajor
19 Jun 2005, 21:46
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: immigration to new orleans....question
Replies: 43
Views: 36595

Re: immigration to new orleans....question

Thanks Alanna. I've already used that site a lot. I'm a descendant in family F and do know the line back on one side, but the problem is noone has done the genealogy on my line down. And the other problem is that one of the Graffagninos, I don't know where she fits in yet. We recently just found out...
by tmajor
14 Jun 2005, 20:39
Topic: question on indexes on FHL film
Replies: 6
Views: 5227

Re: question on indexes on FHL film

Thank you for the help. I think when I was looking at the indexes, there was a number by the names, and then I tried to locate that number but it wasn't the right person. I'm going to have to order a couple of the films and look through them more thoroughly. But I like the idea from another thread o...
by tmajor
14 Jun 2005, 04:16
Topic: question on indexes on FHL film
Replies: 6
Views: 5227

question on indexes on FHL film

Hi there! I just got back from vacation and had a chance to go to the FHL in SLC and look through some of the films. I only looked at a couple. I believe they were the civil records films, trying to locate birth information and then find siblings, etc. Well, I found a couple names on the films' inde...
by tmajor
10 May 2005, 23:10
Topic: naturalization/first papers
Replies: 5
Views: 4686

Re: naturalization/first papers

On the 1930 census it says PA, so does that mean he wasn't naturalized yet? And would I still write to the county he lived in to obtain the papers? Thanks for the help.
Trisha
by tmajor
10 May 2005, 20:14
Topic: naturalization/first papers
Replies: 5
Views: 4686

naturalization/first papers

When looking on the census for 1930 I found that my ggrandfather, who had on prior censuses been an alien, it had the abbreviation for first papers by his name. What is this exactly and would there be any way for me to get information from this? Thanks!
Trisha
by tmajor
03 May 2005, 20:41
Topic: Family Pedigree Charts
Replies: 7
Views: 5182

Re: Family Pedigree Charts

You're welcome. The nice thing about the PAF program is that you can type it all in and then print reports out. :) Good luck!
Trisha
by tmajor
03 May 2005, 20:40

Ok, i finally found the other census you were talking about and I have no idea why they would both have mom living with them, unless she was going back and forth between households? But I did search and find peter on the 1920 and 1930 census and he is listed as coming over in 1891 I believe. So when...
by tmajor
02 May 2005, 23:59

essgee, can you clarify the info you found on the 1930 census for francis piazza? I can't find what you're talking about with her mom living with her. The page info you provided was for G. Graffagnino. I didn't make it to the library saturday...had an emergency come up and had to help a friend out. ...
by tmajor
30 Apr 2005, 03:59

i hadn't thought about the "weekend battle". hopefully it won't be too bad because this is not the FHL but the big genealogy library in Houston. I'm also hoping to track down some ship manifests because i've heard they actually have copies of them there. And after seeing one of the census ...