Search found 102 matches

by Marcialise
01 Oct 2014, 00:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Re: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

Tessa78 wrote:This Family Tree for Harry Joseph Giuseppe Lise (Loise)
may interest you. There are photos of ancestors there. :-)

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/5141486/ ... 1496096407

T.
Oh thank you so much!!
by Marcialise
01 Oct 2014, 00:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Re: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

From my notes (I dont have images of manifests), I see that Giuseppe Lise was recorded as a "non immigrant alien" when he traveled into the US from Europe in 1906 (Ellis Island record).
by Marcialise
01 Oct 2014, 00:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Re: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

No i dont think i have the 1902 manifest (Ellis island carries the record).
I just tried to look it up on Ellis Island but I'm encountering website errors.....

I see, so there's a possibility he was naturalized as a child.
by Marcialise
30 Sep 2014, 23:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Re: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

So, finally the truth about Harry's stay in prison in 1920. Thank you so much for helping out! Really appreciate it. You are a great and fast researcher Tessa!

There is a Census from 1910 where he is listed a child. His father was Antonio Lise, mother Emma (Sannia) Lise.
by Marcialise
30 Sep 2014, 22:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Re: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

Wow thank you! This confirmed his reason for being in prison.

Still wondering when he naturalized.. I wonder if he enlisted to the army to naturalize.
Then deserted after less than 3 weeks.
On the 1920 census there's note under Citizenship but I can't read it..

WAIT, so he appears to have been in ...
by Marcialise
30 Sep 2014, 22:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Re: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

Yes definitely interesting. Wow.
What online records are there to confirm details of crimes?
I feel like a detective without searching tools.. lol
by Marcialise
30 Sep 2014, 22:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Re: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

Oh my, I just saw the desertion report.

Grand children of second marriage thought Harry went to prison because of this baby incident which happened in December 1919 (some of the family members are doing some research). But the desertion report is really interesting. Desertion could have been what ...
by Marcialise
30 Sep 2014, 22:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Re: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

Hi Tessa. Thank you so so much!
The Harry in prison is definitely him.

I did extensive research back in 2005 with the help of a lot of posters on this form and found out a lot about my family then.

His first wife was Josephine (ne Toia). Had 4 children. First child was my grandfather, William ...
by Marcialise
30 Sep 2014, 20:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Re: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

To give you a little bit more background information, he was my great grandfather who had left the family in Westchester and started a new life (new family) in Manhattan. He was a a bit of a black sheep and was arrested once too (I read a newspaper article on it March 9, 1921). He is this mysterious ...
by Marcialise
30 Sep 2014, 20:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Re: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

Hi Tessa

Thank you so much for your help!

He was from Italy, Belluno.
Born around March 1892.

He lived in Westchester and Manhattan between 1902 and 1920.
by Marcialise
30 Sep 2014, 20:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise
Replies: 19
Views: 5241

Naturalization record Guiseppe Lise

Hi I was hoping somebody can help me find my great grandfather Giuseppe Lise (Harry Joseph Lise/Loise)'s naturalization record.

I found an entry under "New York, Naturalization Petitions, 1794-1906" but I don't have access to it...

Any help would be great. Thank you so so much
by Marcialise
29 Sep 2014, 13:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfather.
Replies: 173
Views: 151971

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

It has been almost 10 years since I last spent hours on end researching my family tree. I'm considering to follow the path of applying for Italian citizenship as the likelihood of my great grandfather (Harry Joseph/Giuseppe Lise/Loise) having naturalized before my grandfather was born is a 50/50 ...
by Marcialise
02 Jan 2010, 15:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Harry Joseph Lise, My Grandfather
Replies: 20
Views: 17662

Re: Harry Joseph Lise, My Grandfather

Thank you everyone,

Ok Lottie Masters hooked up with Joseph Loise, Tile Setter, And had 7 children,
Tootsie, Albert, Joseph, Gloria, Emily, Jeanie and Rita
They were not married until after the first 2 or three were born

I think his first wife was Josephine Toia (Lise) Married here in the states ...
by Marcialise
02 Jan 2010, 15:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfather.
Replies: 173
Views: 151971

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

I have emailed you the information regarding your grandfarther you also happenns to be my grand farther, search Harry Lise , you will find Harry married your grandmother and had 3 children, harry then changed name to Harry loise married Lottie loise and had seven more children one of which was my ...
by Marcialise
02 Jan 2010, 15:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Harry Joseph Lise, My Grandfather
Replies: 20
Views: 17662

Re: Harry Joseph Lise, My Grandfather

Okay this is going to sound crazy but I am the descendant of Joseph Lise (from his first marriage).
All info on this thread is related to the Lise family:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=3105/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

I had heard from my father (who is Joseph Lise ...