Search found 10 matches

by Garbo
04 Feb 2006, 04:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Is 1930 Census fully indexed?
Replies: 7
Views: 6259

Re: Is 1930 Census fully indexed?

:D
Wow! You are right, this seems like it's probably the right one! A few of the details are off, so maybe a neighbor or one of the kids is the one who gave the answers, but the rest seems spot on.

LASCO! I never would have thought of that in a million years. THANK YOU!
by Garbo
03 Feb 2006, 06:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Is 1930 Census fully indexed?
Replies: 7
Views: 6259

Re: Is 1930 Census fully indexed?

Thanks everyone! Here's what I have -- 1920 Census, Appanoose County, Iowa. Head of Household Louis Sacco (35), married to Louise (33)Sacco, children Guilda (9), Pete (6), Fannie (3). All were born in Italy except Fannie, who was born in Iowa. Note that Guilda is really supposed to be Gilda, short ...
by Garbo
03 Feb 2006, 05:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Is 1930 Census fully indexed?
Replies: 7
Views: 6259

Is 1930 Census fully indexed?

I was able to find my Sacco family in the 1920 Census, but not the 1930 Census. :? I've checked all the places they lived (IA, PA, NY), different name spellings, etc., but no luck. Anybody have tips on what else I might try? I've been looking at Ancestry.com. Is there a better place to try? All ...
by Garbo
29 Jul 2005, 03:17
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Domodossola microfilm?
Replies: 10
Views: 11604

Re: Domodossola microfilm?

Thanks, Suanj! I don't know why, in our family everything has to be a big secret :roll: When I get more information I will contact you for help!
by Garbo
29 Jul 2005, 01:53
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Domodossola microfilm?
Replies: 10
Views: 11604

Re: Domodossola microfilm?

So nice to hear about a happy ending. I think I need to do a little more leg work before I hire someone. The marriage record for my great-grandmother lists her town of birth but her parents are listed as 'Ignoti' (unknown), even though I know that's not true, and I have several different versions of ...
by Garbo
28 Jul 2005, 00:18
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Trip to Italy???
Replies: 3
Views: 4779

Re: Trip to Italy???

I would say it depends on what you want to do/see while you are there. You might check when the Easter holidays are next year -- some things might be closed during that time, but on the other hand you could run into wonderful celebrations. In my book, there is NO bad time to see Italy! The last time ...
by Garbo
28 Jul 2005, 00:15
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Domodossola microfilm?
Replies: 10
Views: 11604

Re: Domodossola microfilm?

Thanks for the ideas! :) From my vague translation of the archive info, it looks as if Domodossola is a repository for records from many of the smaller towns surrounding it, so I think what I need will be there. Guess I'll get started on contacting the archives directly. Maybe they will know of a ...
by Garbo
27 Jul 2005, 04:21
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Domodossola microfilm?
Replies: 10
Views: 11604

Domodossola microfilm?

I'm trying to figure out if there are any microfilms for records from the town of Domodossola (Piedmont/Verbano-Cusio-Ossola Province). There is no listing in LDS online catalog; the town has a website that has a page regading their historic archives which (from what I can decipher) seem pretty ...
by Garbo
11 Jun 2005, 02:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Any significance to lots of given names?
Replies: 3
Views: 4531

Any significance to lots of given names?

Is there any significance to someone having an unusual number of given names? Just found great grandpa's birth record, and his name takes up 2 lines in the index! Luigi Martino Ambrogio Giovanni Battista Sacco. His father's name was Giovanni Battista Sacco, so I get where that part comes from. But ...
by Garbo
09 Jun 2005, 04:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???
Replies: 97
Views: 89729

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Hi! I live in L.A., so if you are able to come up with more specific information I'd be happy to help with local documents once you know what you need.