Search found 191 matches

by Mardi
20 Sep 2016, 17:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for lost sibling..
Replies: 19
Views: 1669

Re: Looking for lost sibling..

Thank you liviomoreno and VotM.....what awesome information on the life of Salvatore Russo....it will go into his notes on the Family Tree.

VotM ...your suggestion on making a effort to learn some of the terms of the Italian language is a priceless piece of information, thank you.

Mardi
by Mardi
20 Sep 2016, 10:15

[quote="adelfio"]Great finds!!! VotM Salvatore Russo was born a foundling he was left at the foundling wheel born 1841 Oct 9th in Corleone his given name was Salvatore Proietto Thank you VotM on information for FamilySearch.org, yes I do have an account and once I sigh in I can see the document. I h...
by Mardi
19 Sep 2016, 21:53

Great finds!!! VotM Salvatore Russo was born a foundling he was left at the foundling wheel born 1841 Oct 9th in Corleone his given name was Salvatore Proietto Marriage of Martino Mannina and Giuseppa Lampo Record#1423 1843 Sept 10th in the town of Corleone church of San Martino marriage of Martino...
by Mardi
19 Sep 2016, 21:47

Marriage record for Salvatore Russo and Brigitta Mannina, January 26th 1867, entry #17: Brigitta Mannina was 18 at the time of the marriage; parents are Martino Mannina and Giuseppa Lampo. There is a baptismal record (image 528) for January 21st 1849; if I'm reading this correctly, Brigita was born...
by Mardi
19 Sep 2016, 18:06

I think you have some wrong info Brigida surname was Mannina how did you get your info about Calamusa Baptism record of Bernardo Russo 1877 Dec 10th in the town of Corleone church of San Martino baptism of Bernardo Russo son of Salvatore Russo and Brigitta Mannina PG LINK TO RECORD https://familyse...
by Mardi
18 Sep 2016, 23:45

Can I see the birth record of Giuseppe [Joseph] Russo - November 27, 1868 Marty Sorry the only birth record of Giuseppe [Joseph] Russo was found on his formation on Find a Grave: He is listed a Giuseppe ''Joe" Russo Birthdate Nov. 22, (I have the 27) 1868, Italy. Died July 23, 1940 Houston, TX Mardi
by Mardi
18 Sep 2016, 20:05

I do not have a marriage date but have names of their children that were all born in Corleone and their birthdates: Martino Russo - no date given Giuseppe [Joseph] Russo - November 27, 1868 Bernardo [Benjamin] Russo - December 08, 1878 Angelo Russo - December 20, 1884 Antonino [Tony] Russo - Decembe...
by Mardi
18 Sep 2016, 19:45

Marty, thank you for your search, but already have Benedetta Calamusa. If it will help at all in finding her (Brigida) she married Salvatore [Sam] Russo. I do not have any information other then they stayed in Corleone. I truly appreciate your effort in searching.
Mardi
by Mardi
18 Sep 2016, 17:04

Looking for lost sibling..

Need help once again. I am looking for my grandfather sibling: Brigida Calamusa, parents were Melchiorre [Marchione] Calamusa and Maria Caterina LoBello. Brigida Calamusa married Salvatore [Sam] Russo. The family was from Corleone, Province of Palermo, Sicily, Italy. I do not have any other informat...
by Mardi
29 Sep 2015, 01:18
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family Tree Maker
Replies: 1
Views: 6221

Family Tree Maker

I am using and older version of Family Tree Maker 9.0 When I go to Genealogy Report a screen pops up that says 'Cue Card for Genealogy Report". When I go to the top of the page and click the icon 'Genealogy Report all it is is a white screen with the words Descendants of .....How can I get is back t...
by Mardi
28 Sep 2015, 10:08
Topic: Need help with an Italian birth!!!
Replies: 20
Views: 2536

Re: Need help with an Italian birth!!!

In addition to the records above, I located this baptism.... something to consider. Perhaps Brazilia was actually Blasia . :-) Here is a baptism, dated 20 July 1881 , in Corleone Blasia Trombaturi, daughter of Bernardo Trombaturi and of Paola Accumanno. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-...
by Mardi
24 Sep 2015, 21:15

Sorry about one of the post I put in Quote, it is messing up on me.

Yes, they are two different Bernardo's and all the information on Brazilia seem to be the same. But it was the first time I heard/read that her name was Blasia.
Thanks.
Mardi
by Mardi
24 Sep 2015, 17:15

Ok. According to your first and last posts above... Bernardo, DOB 15 December 1833, died in USA 15 April 1897. AND Bernardo, DOB 22 January 1835, died Italy 5 April 1897. Yes? Will continue to search. :-) EDIT TO ADD Church record #101 Death In Corleone of Bernardo Trumbaturi, burial on 15 April 18...
by Mardi
24 Sep 2015, 10:10

So.... this Bernardo of the unknown spouse... what year was he born? Is he the 1833, or another date? And the "other" Joseph - a year of birth for him? T. Tessa: this Bernardo is Bernardo Trombatore (Trombaturi - Trombatori) [Do not have his parents] born January 21, 1835, Corleone, Palermo, Sicili...
by Mardi
24 Sep 2015, 00:13

[quote][/quote]EUREKA!!! Looks like we have some indication of mother's name!! Looks like it might "match" the surname in the baptism record above... From the SSDI for Joseph Trombatore Joseph Trombatore in the U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 Name: Joseph Trombatore SS...