Search found 7 matches

by DeeUrso
29 Oct 2005, 05:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Urso, Faronda from Sicily
Replies: 24
Views: 24403

Re: Urso, Faronda from Sicily

Just visited a site: Maporama.com On it you can find a map of Poggioreale, Sicily, Italy.
by DeeUrso
29 Oct 2005, 04:38

Some of my information came from a man in Houston whose great-grandmother was a Campisi and married an Urso. That was Josephina. Her sister was Mary, who was his great-great aunt. He inculded a copy of an article from a newspaper of when Sam Maglitto died. Never mentions who his wife is but names al...
by DeeUrso
23 Oct 2005, 08:30

Sorry, didn't know that you wanted all details. I'm new to this forum. The info I have is: Salvatore "Sam" Urso was born between 1879-1873 somewhere in Sicily. His father was Nicolai Urso, info unknown, and his mother was Laporta, info unknown. Sam married Francesca Faronda, born 1875 some...
by DeeUrso
23 Oct 2005, 01:29

All the information I have is for his children. Looking at the info, he must've died in the US, probably in Harris or Brazos County. If I had to guess, it would be Brazos. In Bryan, Texas. I have 8 children, the first two were born in unknown cities. Starting in 1901, he had a child in Louisianna, a...
by DeeUrso
23 Oct 2005, 00:56

The info that I have says that he was born between 1870 and 1873. Probably in Poggioreale, Sicily.
by DeeUrso
22 Oct 2005, 09:07

Sam Urso was born in Sicily but I don't know where. I think his family was from Poggioreale, but it could be Lentini. I am guessing that is where his wife was from. They were both born in Italy but died in Texas. Also, two of their children were born in Louisianna. I know they traveled from Italy to...
by DeeUrso
21 Oct 2005, 08:00

Urso, Faronda from Sicily

I'm looking for any Urso's or Faronda's from Sicily. I've gone back to Salvatore "Sam" Urso who was married to Francesca "Frances" Faronda. His parents were Nicolai Urso and Laportra ?? and her parents were Philip Faronda and Mary ??? Of course, I'll be disappointed if their name...