Search found 33 matches

by nicedream
01 Feb 2006, 00:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: First name - Londo?
Replies: 3
Views: 4212

First name - Londo?

Hi, I came across some pictures of my ancestors. My Great-Grandmother's brother was Londo Avellino. Is Londo a common Italian name? It sounds like it could be a nickname or Americanization of some sort.
by nicedream
31 Jan 2006, 02:31
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian birth record for citizenship jure sanguinis
Replies: 13
Views: 7906

Re: Italian birth record for citizenship jure sanguinis

That's good to hear....did someone in the consulate tell you that, or is it just your experience?

I think I read someplace that the Philaldephia consulate will do your translations for free. Do you know if that is true?
by nicedream
30 Jan 2006, 23:21

Well I haven't been to the consulate yet....I live in Harrisburg. But hopefully what you said about Philly being one of the better cosulates is still true. I'm still gathering documents, then I'll have to get my apostilles. So I know I've got a long way to go yet. One fortunate thing is living in Ha...
by nicedream
30 Jan 2006, 22:16
Topic: me-mother-grandmother-great-grandfather
Replies: 22
Views: 16150

Re: me-mother-grandmother-great-grandfather

I understand. If or when I obtain citizenship, I fully inted to be as responsible as citizen as possible.
by nicedream
30 Jan 2006, 02:24

What Consulate are you going through? If you have any questions, I will be glad to help you, as I don`t think there is much I haven`t covered. However, the others on here are also great for helping out, and can help you also. I'll be going through Philadelphia. I have no idea if they are any better...
by nicedream
30 Jan 2006, 02:05

Yes I did. I gave the benefit of the Holidays, and called on January 18, for an update. The Consular told me that there was a "protocol" between the Miami Consulate and the Comune in Italy, to record a document. I asked him if all my documents were in order and ok, and he said yes. So, i ...
by nicedream
30 Jan 2006, 01:23

that the grandMOTHER because women borns before 1948 they cannot give the italian citizenship.. However if you think so, i respect all opinions.. what that let me perplexed is this desire of italian descendants of to obtain now the italian citizenship.. after many years that the ancestor was emigra...
by nicedream
30 Jan 2006, 01:13

italy50 wrote:You`re very welcome. :) I am going through the same thing as you. I am still awaiting word, and i submitted my documents last Feb. But, the Chicago Consulate is perhaps slower than the others. :(
Wow, almost a year!? Did you make any follow up calls?
by nicedream
29 Jan 2006, 22:54

Look at #5: (please note: a grandmother born before 01/01/1948 can claim the Italian citizenship only from her father and can transfer it to descendants after 01/01/1948). This seems to apply in the above case. if the father never renounced... In several places that I have read, the criteria is if ...
by nicedream
29 Jan 2006, 00:30

Look at #5:

(please note: a grandmother born before 01/01/1948 can claim the Italian citizenship only from her father and can transfer it to descendants after 01/01/1948).

This seems to apply in the above case.
by nicedream
28 Jan 2006, 22:40

Great-grandfather -- 1887 (Italy) naturalized 1931 If he naturalized... it is not possible to obtain italian citizenship... For sure. Only if your mother was born in ITALY after 1 Jan 1948 it will be possible to obtain the italian citizenship. Regards, suanj But wait...he said his grandmother was b...
by nicedream
27 Jan 2006, 22:52
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Requesting info from Stato Civile
Replies: 7
Views: 6979

Re: Requesting info from Stato Civile

Just wondering....does the size of the town usually make a difference in any way? I would figure smaller towns might not have as many requests, so they might reply faster. Then again, they probably don't have as many staff to work on it so maybe I'm wrong... :?
by nicedream
27 Jan 2006, 21:39

Italian birth record for citizenship jure sanguinis

I am seeking the birth record of my great grandfather to use to apply for Italian citizensip jure sanguinis. Is the form letter located at http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/statocivile.asp acceptable for this? The only reason I ask is because the form letter mentions "in carta l...