Search found 362 matches

by Marisa6
28 Sep 2008, 20:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Forte, Matassa, Di Adamo, Gizzi, Capocci, Crolla
Replies: 67
Views: 95132

Re: Looking for Forte, Matassa, Di Adamo, Gizzi, Capocci, Cr

Hi Paul Carmine and Maria had two children - Filippo and Maddalena. Filippo married Rosa Esposito, and Maddalena (Lena) married Antonio Fusco. They both lived in Scotland. Aunty Lena died in 1987, and Uncle Phillip in 1991. Ita's brother David, from memory, was in Melrose. I'm sure I have photos of ...
by Marisa6
23 Sep 2008, 20:31

Of course - silly me - brain not working tonight.

Thats terrible news about Patrizia. I had better be very gentle when I am questioning Grandma because I'm sure these are her cousins. Please give my condolences to the family from a long lost and distant cousin.

Marisa xx
by Marisa6
23 Sep 2008, 20:28
Topic: surname
Replies: 7
Views: 9525

Re: surname

Hi Alvin I don't know whereabouts you are but the Scotland's People website is showing a relatively big D'Agrosa population with 26 deaths and 48 births between 1855 and 2006, and 8 marriages from 1855 to 1932. There are D'Agrosas on both the 1891 and 1901 censuses. They seem to have lived mostly in...
by Marisa6
23 Sep 2008, 20:12

Hi Paul

Not yet - but I know for a fact she will be in tomorrow so I will get her then. She will be off to bed in about 20 minutes so I don't like to call her at this time. The Rosa Forte/Caira is definitely a cousin.

How are you related to the Minehead Fortes?

Marisa
by Marisa6
22 Sep 2008, 22:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: If your ancestor was a prisoner in Italy......
Views: 10640

Re: If your ancestor was a prisoner in Italy......

Thanks Riccardo

This is a whole new and really interesting area for research! I must get letter writing. The only trouble is that if I find any other criminal ancestors I think my grandmother will disinherit me!

Marisa :D
by Marisa6
22 Sep 2008, 22:30

Yes - spot on! Domenico married Maria Forte and had David, Edward, Ita and William. David married Mary McLaughlin, Ita married John Forte and William married Anna Nardone. I don't know what happened to Edward.

Marisa
by Marisa6
22 Sep 2008, 15:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: If your ancestor was a prisoner in Italy......
Views: 10640

Re: If your ancestor was a prisoner in Italy......

Mmm - this looks really interesting. Thanks for posting it Riccardo. I have a feeling that my great great grandmother's hot-head older brother may have got into trouble in Italy. He was sentenced to death in Scotland for murder, but the sentence was commuted to life in prison. After ten years he esc...
by Marisa6
22 Sep 2008, 13:38

Hi Paul Yes, these do match. My record don't go as far back as the ones you have, but from looking at marriage/death records for the children of Andrea and Angela I can see - Crescenzo bc 1793 Lucia bc 1790 Caterina bc 1783 Maria bc 1779 Marco bc 1779 Tomasso bc 1773 Don't worry about some of the da...
by Marisa6
22 Sep 2008, 12:59

Ida wouldn't be Ita Forte would she? She married John Forte (yes - another one). I think they were in Minehead - but I'm not sure.
by Marisa6
22 Sep 2008, 12:56

Hi Paul Grandma is out at the moment - but I can see from the list I have that these are mostly Vincenzo from Belfast's children. Rosa married Domenico Caira - but I don't know about the others. I will ask her later. I have found another picture. I don't know if it is of any use but here it is anywa...
by Marisa6
22 Sep 2008, 10:55

Yes he did. Replace any reference to Caterina with Clementina! Sorry. :oops:

The only child I can find reference to is Alfonso as I don't have any births after 1850.

Marisa
by Marisa6
22 Sep 2008, 10:35

You are right! Blame it on lack of sleep. Where did I get Caterina from I wonder? I was wondering why there was no birth listing for her. Sorry - everything else is accurate I promise!
by Marisa6
22 Sep 2008, 09:51

Right now. Here we go – Marriage of Luigi Forte aged 29 and Caterina Vella aged 23, 25th May 1850 Casalattico. Parents of Luigi - Cristofaro Forte and Lucia Forte – both apparently dead at the time of the marriage although Lucia seems to have been miraculously resurrected by the time of some of ...
by Marisa6
22 Sep 2008, 08:52

Hi Paul The date of birth that I have for 'my' Leonardo is 2nd March 1858. I don't know what his wife was called. I will email my cousin, and get her to ask my uncle. Through the quite incredible amount of in-marriage in my family she is my first cousin, but also my third cousin once removed, and al...
by Marisa6
19 Sep 2008, 21:18
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: domenic5
Replies: 10
Views: 9361

Re: domenic5

Aw - what a lovely baby. You could just lift him out of the picture and cuddle him! You must love every tiny wee bit of him. He is gorgeous!