Search found 82 matches

by Graffeo
21 Oct 2006, 03:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Will ship manifest show place of birth?
Replies: 15
Views: 11496

Will ship manifest show place of birth?

Now that you all have helped me find my great grandfather's first name I have just one more request and a question. Could someone look up the New Orleans ship manifest for immigration in 1889 by George Graffeo? He was about 12 years old at the time. I am so hoping it will tell me the specific town i...
by Graffeo
18 Oct 2006, 00:24
Topic: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo
Replies: 64
Views: 47582

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

JCSM said: Good morning everyone! Thought I'll add the death information on the Lunetta family. Texas Death Index, 1903-2000 Got it! Thanks again. Today I had enough info to start a 5 generation family tree write up. I am doing it as a narrative first because those charts confuse me. But the narrati...
by Graffeo
17 Oct 2006, 05:20

To wildspirit and JCM400:

It was great work!! That list of deaths is all my family, dad, mom, grandfather, great grandfather, great grandmother and an uncle and his mom. The census page with Katherine and Lillian is more confirmation too. Thanks again!!
by Graffeo
17 Oct 2006, 04:35

Oh my gosh I just clicked on that link wwwuploadfile.info. I missed it before. Look at that entry right above Lunetta. It think it is for Graffeo though mispelled. That I think is my great grandfather and his wife Mary Ann, their son Joe and daughter Sadie. Too cool. Then below it is the Lunetta ent...
by Graffeo
17 Oct 2006, 04:02

JSM400: That WWII draft us my Grandfather. That Lillain birth is his sister my great aunt Lillian. That second entry 1937 male must be her giving birth to my cousin. This is so great!!!! but I still can't see my great grandfather. Oh where oh where is he? He must have been in Texas in 1905 when Lill...
by Graffeo
17 Oct 2006, 03:50

TO JSM400:

Oh my gosh! I think that 1900 census is my great grandmothers parents. Her name is Mary Ann and she's not on the census because she is already married and moved out. Oh wow!! I am so excited. Thank you!
by Graffeo
17 Oct 2006, 03:37

Yes that first one, Texas! Okay this is what I think. My great aunt Lillian and her sister Katherine were living with their maternal grandparents the Lumettas Joe and Mary. Also living with the Lumettas were their son George and his wife Lillie and their daughter Gertrude. I think there's an error o...
by Graffeo
17 Oct 2006, 02:57

Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

I am still looking for evidence of my great grandfather. Last name Graffeo. I don't know his first name but his wife's name is Mary Ann, and his children are, Joe, Lillian, Catherine and Sadie. Since Lillian Graffeo is his daughter's name and Lillian is not a common first name I think maybe if I fin...
by Graffeo
15 Oct 2006, 21:34
Topic: Pronouncing our names in Italian. What's yours?
Replies: 11
Views: 10588

Re: Pronouncing our names in Italian. What's yours?

Hi all. Thanks for the link to odd cast. So it is Gra-faye-oh. That's a neat site. Who knew? Sorry I did not get back to post sooner but the site was down for a while.
by Graffeo
14 Oct 2006, 06:50
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: TOP 10 MISTAKES
Replies: 27
Views: 24811

Re: TOP 10 MISTAKES

Well I have the two brothers myth in my family. I have not found them yet on any record indexes.
by Graffeo
14 Oct 2006, 06:38
Topic: Pronouncing our names in Italian. What's yours?
Replies: 11
Views: 10588

Pronouncing our names in Italian. What's yours?

I have really never heard my surname,Graffeo, pronounced by an Italian. We always used the American pronunciation: We prounounced it: Graf as in graph, 'e' as in eagle, 'o' as in go. The accent was on the first syllable. But after checking out some web sites where the Sicilian dialect was explained ...
by Graffeo
09 Oct 2006, 23:54
Topic: I have the surname of the noble family Graffeo!!
Replies: 22
Views: 25926

Re: I have the surname of the noble family Graffeo!!

I am adding this bit of information to the record for anyone else who may come here to research the origin of the surname Graffeo. Yes, there is the noble family of the Graffeos of Sicily, that is one source of the name but it could have a source as an occupational name too. From the Dictionary of S...
by Graffeo
09 Oct 2006, 13:24

Well too cool I see my grandfather J.V. Graffeo the insurance salesman, his second son Joe Jr and his kids. Sort of touching to see the draft card registration. Nice handwriting...looks so clean and young. But I don't think Giuseppe the barber is my great grandfather because he is 57 already with no...
by Graffeo
09 Oct 2006, 08:16

To NUCCIA: Thanks again! Ah Ha! I see a possible connection. My great grandfather was a barber. Carlo Graffeo, husband of Lucia and father of Georgio and Vito is a barber too. You said there were other Graffeos on that manifest. Is there another Graffeo male who is also a barber and whose wife is na...