Search found 36 matches

by Saladin
09 Jul 2021, 07:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
Replies: 9
Views: 2007

Re: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest

Thank you for validating my frustration. I went through the same films on familysearch but couldn’t find the Manilla in October 1902 timeframe but thought I’d give a try that someone else might have another source. Anyway, thanks for everyone’s input.
by Saladin
08 Jul 2021, 06:04

No. He is too young. However I have seen this one before and I think they are related. As you know, the names are used over and over so it gets confusing but I think these may be related. Do you see on this manifest you sent he’s traveling with Rosa De Vita and Paolo and Paola Degregorio? in column ...
by Saladin
08 Jul 2021, 02:35

No. I don’t have access to ancestry right now so cannot view the document but he’s not from caccamo. The index cards show they arrived in SS Manilla October 21, 1902. They are from Montevago. The one I am searching for includes both Antonio Degregorio and Leonardo Corso. I’m looking for their intend...
by Saladin
06 Jul 2021, 07:48

Yes those are the index cards. I’m looking to get my hands on the actual passenger manifest, if still exists.
by Saladin
06 Jul 2021, 07:29

Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest

If anyone willing to access New Orleans passenger manifests I would appreciate a search for a copy of a page that should contain two persons I believe travelled together. Antonio Degregorio and Leonardo Corso Ss Manilla Departed Palermo Arrived New Orleans, October 21, 1902 I found each on index car...
by Saladin
02 Dec 2020, 02:15
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Request help translating handwritten notation on 1890 Atti di Nascita
Replies: 2
Views: 148

Re: Request help translating handwritten notation on 1890 Atti di Nascita

Thank you!!!!! The correct words make all the difference. That handwriting is a little torturous sometimes 😢
by Saladin
02 Dec 2020, 01:41
Topic: Request help translating handwritten notation on 1890 Atti di Nascita
Replies: 2
Views: 148

Request help translating handwritten notation on 1890 Atti di Nascita

I’m missing a few words or perhaps more and would like help with the remaining words and translation. da dichiarante ha denunciato la nascita suddetto per avere nella _____ la sua qualità _____ i _____ dell'___ sua nell'atto delparto e in luogo del marito della pipitone il quale non ha potute denunc...
by Saladin
23 Feb 2020, 08:09
Topic: 1908 handwriting, help please
Replies: 5
Views: 404

Re: 1908 handwriting, help please

Amazing!! Thank you very much. I knew the father of bride wasn’t born in Marsala but now I know where he ended up. Any idea on where to look online for information on Italians in Tunis early 20th century?
by Saladin
23 Feb 2020, 04:36
Topic: 1908 handwriting, help please
Replies: 5
Views: 404

1908 handwriting, help please

I would greatly appreciate anyone having a go at helping me translate this notation from a pubblicazzione di matrimonio from Marsala. I can make out parts but can’t recognize all of the words.
by Saladin
19 Feb 2020, 21:57
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where is Bardinelo ?
Replies: 4
Views: 978

Re: Where is Bardinelo ?

No, that’s too far. But thanks. Everything I have puts her closer to Naples
by Saladin
19 Feb 2020, 21:44
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where is Bardinelo ?
Views: 978

Where is Bardinelo ?

Record showing last foreign residence as Bardinelo, Italy. I cannot find anywhere with this or similar name but assuming if exists would be in Naples area as I have other records of my subject individual associated to Naples and Mugnano del Cardinal area. Thanks
by Saladin
06 Apr 2016, 22:41
Topic: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names
Views: 1136

Re: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names

No problem Erudita.

Yes, I got lucky finding what remains of these records because like Santa Margherita di Belice I was starting to believe they did not survive the 1968 earthquake. Hopefully yours will surface one day.

Best regards!
by Saladin
06 Apr 2016, 15:25

Re: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names

Erudita, Thanks for giving it a try, every suggestion helps. I agree the surname of grooms mother is a mess. I can now see the possibility of Cologera for the mother of bride and now I definitely see Ignazio for the first witness. As for the second witness could that be 'Micaele'? (I don't even know...
by Saladin
01 Apr 2016, 07:08

1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names

Another translation request, I tried but this is beyond me. I know the quality not great but hopefully someone might recognize these names. The act starts on previous page (not shown) but I'm pretty sure all the parties are shown here. Thank you! Groom:Domenico Armato, son of Joseph and [Domenica __...