Search found 29 matches

by Saladin
23 Feb 2020, 08:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 1908 handwriting, help please
Replies: 5
Views: 145

Re: 1908 handwriting, help please

Amazing!! Thank you very much. I knew the father of bride wasn’t born in Marsala but now I know where he ended up. Any idea on where to look online for information on Italians in Tunis early 20th century?
by Saladin
23 Feb 2020, 04:36
Topic: 1908 handwriting, help please
Replies: 5
Views: 145

1908 handwriting, help please

I would greatly appreciate anyone having a go at helping me translate this notation from a pubblicazzione di matrimonio from Marsala. I can make out parts but can’t recognize all of the words.
by Saladin
19 Feb 2020, 21:57
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where is Bardinelo ?
Replies: 4
Views: 433

Re: Where is Bardinelo ?

No, that’s too far. But thanks. Everything I have puts her closer to Naples
by Saladin
19 Feb 2020, 21:44
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where is Bardinelo ?
Views: 433

Where is Bardinelo ?

Record showing last foreign residence as Bardinelo, Italy. I cannot find anywhere with this or similar name but assuming if exists would be in Naples area as I have other records of my subject individual associated to Naples and Mugnano del Cardinal area. Thanks
by Saladin
06 Apr 2016, 22:41
Topic: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names
Views: 910

Re: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names

No problem Erudita.

Yes, I got lucky finding what remains of these records because like Santa Margherita di Belice I was starting to believe they did not survive the 1968 earthquake. Hopefully yours will surface one day.

Best regards!
by Saladin
06 Apr 2016, 15:25

Re: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names

Erudita, Thanks for giving it a try, every suggestion helps. I agree the surname of grooms mother is a mess. I can now see the possibility of Cologera for the mother of bride and now I definitely see Ignazio for the first witness. As for the second witness could that be 'Micaele'? (I don't even know...
by Saladin
01 Apr 2016, 07:08

1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names

Another translation request, I tried but this is beyond me. I know the quality not great but hopefully someone might recognize these names. The act starts on previous page (not shown) but I'm pretty sure all the parties are shown here. Thank you! Groom:Domenico Armato, son of Joseph and [Domenica __...
by Saladin
19 Mar 2016, 17:04
Topic: 1772 ecclesiastical record, trying to decode names.
Views: 1362

Re: 1772 ecclesiastical record, trying to decode names.

Marcello, thanks again! Yes, Cassesi, I now see it and this may confirm another older record I found for the parents of Antonio LaSala. All of this is great information. Best regards!
by Saladin
10 Mar 2016, 06:23
Topic: 1772 ecclesiastical record, trying to decode names.
Views: 1362

1772 ecclesiastical record, trying to decode names.

Here is one more church record I can't figure out completely can anybody take a look and fill in the blanks and/or correct my errors? Thanks in advance once again... 30 September 1772 Priest: _______ Groom: Antoninum Lasala of Joseph? and Antonina Calloti or Cattoli? Bride: to Antonina Randazzo daug...
by Saladin
07 Mar 2016, 03:56
Topic: 1818 act of matrimony, please help with names..
Replies: 3
Views: 789

1818 act of matrimony, please help with names..

Any help with the names on this marriage act would be greatly appreciated. I think this is one of the easier ones that I need help with. And as for quality, I am sorry in advance but this is what I have. If you can tell which parents are dead or still living that would be nice. Date: 27 ____ 1818 Pr...
by Saladin
05 Mar 2016, 17:16
Topic: 18th century church record Agrigento province
Replies: 10
Views: 2049

Re: 18th century church record Agrigento province

I was thinking think it might be Giganti but I will keep D'Ignoti in mind as I search through the records. I have a few more from this time period and having trouble figuring out the parents names. I will be back with them if I break down with frustration :) By the way I missed Marty's question abov...
by Saladin
04 Mar 2016, 01:54
Topic: 18th century church record Agrigento province
Replies: 10
Views: 2049

Re: 18th century church record Agrigento province

Marcello, you are brilliant!!! You make it look so easy, as usual. Not sure you remember but you researched in Marsala for me. I will come back to you again to finish that up but I found these records from Agrigento in the interim, they are just bad quality. Thanks again.