Search found 24 matches

by bob.colleen
11 Feb 2007, 23:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Re: Searching for My Family
Replies: 56
Views: 45486

Re: Searching for My Family

Biff83: The ship manifest you furnished me was much more than a possibility. It solved the puzzle! This is my great grandmother and her son Antonio... my grandfather. How did you find it so quickly after my post?

Robert
by bob.colleen
10 Feb 2007, 03:54

Re: Re: Searching for My Family

jcms400: I am aware a sponsor doesnot necessarily have to be related.

Thanks!

Biff83: I do not find a date on the actual manifest.

Robert
by bob.colleen
10 Feb 2007, 03:38

This has possibilities! Thanks for your effort and input!

Robert
by bob.colleen
10 Feb 2007, 02:51

I received my grandparents translated (Latin) wedding registration from Denver today. It says my grandfather, Antonio Porreco was the son of Pantaleone and Aloysia Fante . I have to say I am confused. I anticipated the surname De Lillo or Di Lillo. On their first child’s baptismal record it shows ...
by bob.colleen
27 Jan 2007, 04:45

J Torre:

Thank you for the website information. More importantly, thank you for your time and interest.

I am familiar with this site and visit it quite often.

Robert
by bob.colleen
24 Jan 2007, 17:28

Jcsm400: I will keep the DeLallo's in mind. I should have my grandfather's parents on the wedding certificate coming soon.

Thank you!

Robert
by bob.colleen
24 Jan 2007, 17:23

John: Thank you for this information on my future Fantacone search. I do know my grandmother's family was from Campobasso. As I understand the lay of the land, Mirabello Sannitico is a part of Campobasso. What database are you using?

Appreciate your input!

Robert
by bob.colleen
24 Jan 2007, 03:20

jcsm400 & suanj:

I located the church my grandparents (Antonio Porreco & Maria Fantacone) were married. The marriage certificate is written in Latin. The Pastor is going to translate in English and mail them both to me in a couple days. Perserverance pays off!

Robert
by bob.colleen
23 Jan 2007, 17:56

jcsm440 and suanj:

Thank you for trying. You both are the best!

Robert
by bob.colleen
23 Jan 2007, 03:39

jcsm400: The marriage was performed by a Catholic Priest. The Marriage Record doesn't indicate a church, but there is no doubt in my mind yhat there was one. I will check for the sacramental record at the church nearest to the address of their census record. I wrote to Torriglia on Monday of this we...
by bob.colleen
23 Jan 2007, 03:09

jcsm400: I called the county clerk in Denver Colorado. They tell me that the marriage record report is all they have and it reports the marriage date, bride, groom, and whether the marriage was by the justice of the peace or priest, etc. I called the catholic archdiose, they do not keep records. So,...
by bob.colleen
22 Jan 2007, 18:18

jcsm400: I will check with the county clerk for the complete marriage record. I will let you know. suanj: I know almost nothing about Antonio's atepfather and mother. I am not sure even if his stepfather and his mother were legally married. The spelling of De Lillo may not be correct. I only remembe...
by bob.colleen
22 Jan 2007, 00:27

jcsm: The death certificate doesn't have town of birth information nor his parents' names on it. Just my grandmother info. What I received from the State of Colorado (Denver) Vital Statistics was a Marriage Record Report. It is very vague, lacking information I would need to search his parents and e...
by bob.colleen
21 Jan 2007, 23:56

jcsm: Anthony died died in Denver, Colorado. I have his burial site. I have his death certificate and I knew his children (my Uncles - all deseased). I do not have any church records.

Robert
by bob.colleen
21 Jan 2007, 23:47

Esperanza: Yes I can. The first witness is who I believe to be my grandfather's employer... Laurence W. Korfhage, Coal Dealer (1920 Census shows my grandfather as a driver, Coal Wagon) The second witness is Basilio Olivieri, Saloon Keeper. He was my grandfather's brother-in-law. He came from Naples ...