Search found 11 matches

by bobby82569
06 Mar 2007, 22:04
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Anyone know the main church in Casoli (CH) and/or Vasto(CH)?
Replies: 3
Views: 3443

Re: Anyone know the main church in Casoli (CH) and/or Vasto(

Thanks for the info! My mother's father was adopted. My mother was born in the US. I was looking for churches in the areas because I have read on this forum that records, birth,baptisms, and other records were kept with churches. My grandfather was born in 1890 and my granmother was born in 1893. Do...
by bobby82569
06 Mar 2007, 18:37
Topic: Anyone know the main church in Casoli (CH) and/or Vasto(CH)?
Replies: 3
Views: 3443

Anyone know the main church in Casoli (CH) and/or Vasto(CH)?

Hello everyone, looking for church to search more into my mom's family, her mom was from Casoli and her father is from Vasto and was adopted around age 15 and settled in US. Does anyone know if adoption papers would be in Italy or US? THANKS!!!! Ciao
by bobby82569
25 Feb 2007, 17:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Found a picture of ggrandmother in her casket, was this norm
Replies: 9
Views: 6935

Re: Found a picture of ggrandmother in her casket, was this

My grandfather was laid out for viewing in my parent's living room also. Funny story, my mother went downstairs and found some of the men of the family playing poker and drinking so she poured the booze down the sink,took the money (and thanked them for raising money for the church, she was very pol...
by bobby82569
24 Feb 2007, 19:47

Re: Found a picture of ggrandmother in her casket, was this

LOL! My mother passed away a few months ago of cancer and I have enough of my friends thinking I was weird for doing her hair for her funeral ( I'm a hairstylist and she was vain lol, and promised her I would do it) but I agree with you and didn't take pics of her and won't have any taken of me!!
by bobby82569
24 Feb 2007, 19:03

Found a picture of ggrandmother in her casket, was this norm

My grandmother was from Casoli and arrived on Ellis Island on May 8, 1911 at the age of 17. Also we have a photo in the form of a postcard of her mother in her casket leaning against an outside wall. It was mailed to my grandmother over 45 years ago. My mom was born and raised in Washington DC and h...
by bobby82569
12 Jan 2007, 23:54
Topic: Casoli
Replies: 1
Views: 4115

Casoli

Does anyone know any good websites on finding more information about Casoli (CH) Abbruzzi? Thanks, Bobby
by bobby82569
12 Jan 2007, 22:40
Topic: Help is appreciated! Started researching my Italian roots!
Replies: 10
Views: 6925

Re: Help is appreciated! Started researching my Italian root

I want to thank everyone for not just helping but getting all this information. The one thing I did always know of my Italian heritage is that if they can help someone else they will. It's nice knowing that it's Italians not just my family! Thanks again :!: And if any of you are not Italian you're j...
by bobby82569
12 Jan 2007, 17:27
Topic: Does anyone have info on St. Raphael Italian Society
Replies: 1
Views: 2757

Does anyone have info on St. Raphael Italian Society

My grandmother was released from Ellis Island to someone from St. Raphael Italian Society along with a few other women from the ship. I know her marriage was arranged and was wondering if they handled these. Family thought her husband met her but documents say otherwise. Thanks!!
by bobby82569
10 Jan 2007, 06:41

Re: Help is appreciated! Started researching my Italian root

Pietro Genovese or U.S. name Genovere born 1890 wife's name : Rosina Tenaglia born 8.23.1893 from Abbruzzi, Cheiti, Casoli Arrived to U.S. May 8th,1911 from Naples to Ellis Island Believe she stayed an Italian citizen and died Jan. 23,1966 in Washington DC, (Hyattsville, MD to be exact) All of their...
by bobby82569
10 Jan 2007, 03:40

Help is appreciated! Started researching my Italian roots!

I've started researching my mother's family and I'm having a rough start. I have ship manifest from Ellis Island stating her mother came to US. on May 8,1911 and she was from Casoli (CH) Abbruzzi. She was born on Aug. 23,1893. My mother who passed away a month ago told me that my grandparents had an...